TXR Titanium Exhaust

Home Forums Performance Exhaust TXR Titanium Exhaust

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

TXR_Titanium
    Participant

UK - England

Hi All

Just writing to draw your attention to a new lightweight exhaust for the Focus RS Mk3 from TXR.

Helical Technology design and develop the acoustic exhaust valves found on the RS stock systems, and have recently developed a Ti system for the RS, along with a Ti acoustic valve for the Mk3 RS.

The muffler itself is over 50% lighter than the stock system at a shade over 7kgs, and can be heard in the video from the link below.

We are looking for agents to supply these systems to going forward, so if there is any interest, or if any of you guys have any feedback on the video and want to learn more about it, please drop me a message on here at sales@helical-technology.co.uk

TXR Titanium Exhaust System

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

If anyone’s interested I have started chatting with Daniel about the possibilities of adding this to the other items I sell.  That depends on peoples feedback.

At present it is a rear section only, I have suggest it needs to be a full system.   Does anyone agree or disagree?

Not for me to state a price, but as I understand, a bit more than a MT system, considering its from titanium guess that is to be expected.

Looking at the picture, hasn’t the valve moved to the other side?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I think this Exhaust sounds pretty good, considering YouTube videos don’t do any Exhaust sound justice!!

It would definitely be more appealing as a Cat-back so there’s no issues having to cut the Exhaust in the exact place.

And yeah the Valve is on the wrong side!! How does that work as the wiring for the Valve Solenoid won’t reach??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

It’ll be light, but it’s a bloody ugly thing as exhaust go.

Image was probably mirrored in photoshop or something similar by mistake

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Then the pipe to the mid section would be on the wrong side.

Don’t mind what the system looks like, but the tips need to look good.

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

9Designs

Good Point ?????

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

TXR_Titanium
    Participant

UK - England

Hi All

Thanks for the feedback on this.

The exhaust in the image is that of a development box, hence the electronic valve is on the opposite side. The production exhaust mufflers will have the electronic valve on the same side as the stock exhaust, so an extension cable will not be needed.

The muffler is built to the OE exhaust break lines, and will naturally fit into the existing down pipes, but most of the feedback is to supply a CAT back system, rather than axle back, which is what TXR intend on doing.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

So this has died a death?     Not heard back anymore from these guys….

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

they found the market place was too crowded to make any money.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Half a system for twice the price I think.    I offered to get involved, as you know I like expensive mods….. LOL

TXR_Titanium
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all

Not died a death yet :) 

Still finalising the design for production intent.

We are finalising an agreement to partner up with a UK performance tuner to supply these systems. 
    The feedback we have received from auto shows, saying the tone and sound of the system, as well as the weight of 
    it has been massive.

We are hoping to have the product launched by the end of the year:)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by TXR_Titanium.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Bet their margins are bigger than mine. ?…

Will it be a full system?
    expected cost ?

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Why do we need a Ti system when we already use Ti or Ni stabalised welding rods/coil when TIG/MIG welding in order to promote Ti or Ni carbide formation thus preventing chromium carbide formation around the weld area? I can only assume its for a weight saving however having just said that, the MT V3 already has a weight saving over stock. Hope you guys have done your marketing!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by tonys.

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

There was a selection of 3 x titanium exhaust  back boxes I believe  – on one of MT’s display stands at Ford Fair.

Best get your titanium skates on.

Regards

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Perhaps MT will be the seller of them……..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to TXR Titanium Exhaust. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!