Tyre pressure gauge

Home Forums General Suggestions Tyre pressure gauge

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

Guys (in the sense of male and female), what’s the best tyre pressure gauge I can use? My Dial one (about £10 from Halfords) shows as 3lb more than my digital Topeak one. (Or the digital one shoes as 3lb less). What’s a good buy?

Edition, FPM 375

paulmichael
    Participant

UK - England

Over the last month or so I researched into accurate and reasonably priced tyre pressure gauges and chose a PCL digital gauge which has an accuracy down to 1.5%. I can’t remember the model number and unfortunately/coincidentally I only threw the receipt away 2 days ago. It’s blue and also has a tyre depth gauge if that helps to identify it. I think it was around 10-15 pounds (money not pressure!!!). When I check a tyre multiple times it gives totally consistent readings.   Regards Paul Fowell.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Andy

Both types should be accurate to well under 1/2 psi, getting a third one should confirm which of the others is correct (2 read the same or very nearly.

Similar in light aircraft, 3 compasses, if one fails it’s easy to identify as the other 2 should agree.

Could try free air top up point at supermarket fuel station but these tend to be abused due to getting dropped and run over.

May the Ford be with you

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Free air at Sainsburys petrol station for me ! Quite impressed the tyres never seem to lose pressure, Ive got them at 39 front and 36 rear according to their gauge, thats good enough for me. If im going to have 3 passengers and a tankful of squirt I’d up it  a bit.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks guys, all useful advice, my bad for posting in this section

Edition, FPM 375

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Tyre pressure gauge. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!