Tyre pressure valves

Home Forums Performance Tyres Tyre pressure valves

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

wilsonn
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Hi guys, just got my RS and wanting to change the alloys to the black forged, but F1 autocentre said that I’ll need to replace the TPMS valves as they have to cut the rubber off to swap the tyres over

from the old to new alloys. Meaning I have to shell out around £30 each for 4 new TPMS valves? Is this right?

P.s. loving the RS it’s a demon!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I thought a good tyre shop could take the tyre off carefully without damaging the TPMS so you can use it again. Probably just covering their backs incase they damage them getting the big old tyres off.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

There is no need to cut the rubber.

But it is good practice to change old valves when tyres are worn out

they  are confused I think.

wilsonn
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Cheers for quick response

They are adamant they have to cut which I find bonkers. I am not sure of what the monitoring system looks like on the fords and know that the valves would need replacing but the monitoring part should be interchangeable with new valves.

wilsonn
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Few picks of the car, hate when you get all excited about fitting new parts and they then turn around and say they can,t do it cos you need extras!!!!! Was so looking forward to getting the black alloys on?????

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Nice pics thanks for sharing ?

Honorary Member

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

I see you need new valves for the new rims.

Have you had a quote from a main dealer who would heavily discount the valves

not have to get them in special and mark them up by 100%

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

They should fit, 10mm socket and small Allen key job done ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Mikael Johansson
    Participant

Sweden

You don’t need to buy new ones. I have been doing the switch you are going to do and you take the rubber of as usual. Moving the TPMS from the old alloys to the new ones and putting new or the old rubber on the new alloys. Then the work is done…

wilsonn
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Sorted

Soooo much better?

Gsf
    Participant

UK - England

What they are telling you isn’t true. They simply unscrew and then refitted onto your new alloys.

RS Blue Edition

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@nathan wilson – Did they give you the original TPMS valves they said could not be reused to you? They’re your property amongst other things!

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@nathan wilson – Any answer Nathan?

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

I recently had one tyre removed and replaced onto a new rim

they used new valve but same tpms

no issues whatsoever

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@jonyboy

Are you saying that the valve and sensor are separate or can be separated?? Reason I ask is I have a slow leak on my nearside front tyre, I’ve had new tyres fitted and the leak was there on old and new tyre so I’m assuming it can only be the valve. I was going to order a new TPMS but if the valve can be changed separate then that’s what I’ll do??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Tyre pressure valves. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!