Tyre pressure valves

Home Forums Performance Tyres Tyre pressure valves

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Gsf
    Participant

UK - England

Yes the valve stem and the TPMS unit can be separated mate.

RS Blue Edition

Gsf
    Participant

UK - England

Yes the valve stem and the TPMS unit can be separated mate

RS Blue Edition

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Gsf

Nice one mate, Thanks very much!! I’ll get that sorted on Monday then.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The last set I removed only required a 1.0 torq key

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

walls
    Participant

United Kingdom

You can just undo torx screw on  tpms put new valve in wheels and screw sensor back on job done valves come with new screw I each kit £3 each

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@walls

I’ve still not got round to this, just putting a bit of air in once a week!! Where do you get the valves?? Are they Ford??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo

The valve and sensor are separate items, the sensors are screwed to the valve. The ones in mine where secured by a 1.0 torq key.

When I changed my wheels, I cut the rubber valves and replaced them, but used the original TPMS.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@white-rs2

Ok, so without sounding like an idiot… Just want to confirm – So there not just bog standard tyre valves then??

Cheers, Marc.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

No their threaded on the inside of the tyre side

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2 – With the tyre deflated, is it not possible to push out the whole still fully assembled valve/sensor inwards without the need to disassemble and/or cut off the rubber valve flange?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@white-rs2

Excellent picture!! That makes total sense now!! I’ll get some ordered for when I get home!!

Cheers, Marc.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

The top shape of the rubber valve is important some are like a quarter segment some round with one or two flat sides, sorry can’t remember the shape of mine. I think mine where a segment shaped ………maybe sorry.

@Tonys

I suppose you possibly could but I think theirs more chance of damaging the rim. Also your going to be crushing the valve going threw the hole, after such a compression they may not seal properly again.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

mark-250
    Participant

United Kingdom

These are the ones I brought a few weeks ago when I had my wheels painted.

The company doing the wheels said there is a chance of damaging them when pulling them out so it is best to buy new ones so you know the seal is good.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-TPMS-Tyre-Pressure-Monitor-Sensor-Valve-x2-x2-2040067/272380037142?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

I need help. So after ordering a set of Michelin PA 4’s I got to be thinking that to swap the tyres out twice a year was going to be a ball ache and I would risk the forged alloys looking tatty, so I looked on Ford store eBay at the weekend and found a new set of 4 forged alloys for £1250, thought that was a fair price, so bought them. Hopefully they should be with me tommorrow. Now I need the valves with tpms to complete. Ford parts dept at 3 different dealers are saying I need part 1936088 but these are metal and £194.45 for 4. I have sent them images of my forged wheels as they are from the factory with rubber valves and said that I want exactly the same as I have and think I need part number 2036832 for £109.92 for 4. Now the dealer is asking Ford Technical as they don’t know. Anyone got any certainty on this. Oh and I spoke to FORD TECH on the helpline for 4 minutes (that’s £4) and they said they don’t deal with these type of enquires and I needed to go back to the dealer, (the same dealer that just gave me FORD TECH’s number). DOH.

Edition, FPM 375

Gsf
    Participant

UK - England

Hi mate

The sensors your after are the Schrader snap- in EZ sensor.

these will have to be programmed to the vehicle

RS Blue Edition

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Tyre pressure valves. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!