Under performance

Home Forums General Newbie Under performance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Michael Breame
    Participant

UK - England

Good morning all. I have recently purchased my beautiful RS mk3 and got it on a rolling road and diagnostics and it only produced 315bhp as fuel pressure was dropping. Ford have just done their tests not under load and said fuel pressure is ok. Has anybody else had this issue and know how to rectify as ford are kind of wiping their hands of it

MB75

Nemechins133
    Participant

UK - England

315 at the wheels? Sounds about right.

Michael Breame
    Participant

UK - England

Really but it was under load and giving it a little that the fuel pressure spiked and dropped all over the place and the Ecu stopped giving it the full beans and when trying to play with the ecu it couldn’t be tuned or anything and couldn’t then stage 1 it on remap. Just wondered if anyone else had any similar issues as she needs to be quicker! Lol

MB75

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds like you have been doing multiple runs and its getting hot and reducing the power to save itself. Ambient air temp will affect power, as will altitude and fuel quality. If you have air temps of 25c and 97 octane, id be happy with 315 at the flywheel, you will not get 315 at the wheels on a std car, especially in the summer! Std 345 at flywheel would probably show 290 bhp  ish at front wheels on a 2wd  front drive dyno anyway at 20c .

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Mine done 299 on dyno at wheels, loaded DS no need for second dyno as massive noticeable difference.

Michael Breame
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks everyone for all your input. Not multiple runs I’m afraid but it was the delivery of the fuel that was closing the ecu down and under more load/force/speed the ecu cut everything so it couldn’t be remapped. I want more speed! Lol. Is it worth the time extra ££££ to stage 2 the beautiful RS?

MB75

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Under performance. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!