Update on sync 3 ?!

Home Forums Technology Navigation Update on sync 3 ?!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Brent
    Participant

UK - England

My sync 3 sat nav seem to miss quite a few new local roads – well the roads are over 12month old – not showing on the sat nav – last time I asked ford – there was no update available .

buz
    Participant

UK - England

Go onto the Ford website and check under Sync update with your chassis number. Off the top of my head Sync3 should be on version 3 and maps on version 7.

2017 Nitrous Blue RS with every option except shell seats – no blue bolsters for me though.

apmartin1991
    Participant

UK - England

Wack your VIN into here:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update

Latest sync is 3.0
    Latest maps is F7

Jon-boymk3
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah I updated my sync 3 a couple of weeks ago with the new updates.

Did you guys do it through a usb ?

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Dealership did mine FOC whilst in for HG FSA.

johnny10hands
    Participant

UK - England

I did this around March time but it only updated to sync 2.3. Can’t remember if I had uploaded the updating records bit on the ford website though so will try again later.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I am doing the map update now, 2hrs 30mins and about half way through as my car is sync three, 3.0. So downloading on laptop then transfer onto flash drive to load into car, the file is 20.9 so need a 32gig memory stick. Keeping my fingers crossed as technology and me are not a marriage made in heaven.

Coastliner

Ashfotim
    Participant

UK - England

I had mine serviced in June this year, but mine is only on 2.2 and 4.15. Should this have been updated as part of the service do you think?  Crashes all the time, so will upgrade it regardless!  Thanks!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

good luck coast !  if I tried to update mine I would probably end up with black and white TV and Z-cars or Dixon of Dock green on my screen !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda

You make me laugh mate, not updated it yet I knew I had something to do but the dementia has kicked in.

Coastliner

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Sync3’s distant DNA may be related to HAL

Took 4hrs to update mine

I prefer spanners and hammers to keyboards and mice for working on cars.

May the Ford be with you

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Is Coast still updating? has his battery gone flat and locked him in his car?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Update on sync 3 ?!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!