Upgraded brembo brakes

Home Forums Performance Brakes Upgraded brembo brakes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Stephen Hodgkins
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all

Is it a common problem for the brembosĀ  to squeek,we’ve took it back to Bristol street motors as this has happened from say 1 months from having the car

First thing we got told was need to wear the takes in so ckme back after a thousand miles on the clock which we did

Then they tested it and funnily enough it never happened to them not even. On the test drive

Took it back about another 1000miles later and I took a video clip of it happening so they took it Abit more serious and dismantled the brakes and said they’ve fixed it and said the brakes were really coarse

But now we are on around five thousand and it’s coming back again

Do i go back or is it one of those things I just to get over..

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Its one of those things, learn to live with it coming and going.

Coastliner

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

It,s in the rs handbook that they squeak due to the compound,and they shit your wheels up a treat with dust.Will replace with some aftermarket pads later.

Former RS Edition owner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

mine gave a few squeaks until I did two 100 to zero hard stops that had them smoking like a fooker. Since then ( last 5000 miles ) not had a sound out of them. The discs did change colour after the hard stops but are back to looking brand new now !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Stephen Hodgkins
    Participant

UK - England

Ok thankyou just had enough of going back and forth to dealer

Thanks

stylo_rs
    Participant

Australia

Did you install OEM pads ?

Rs.sam.evo
    Participant

UK - England

I am looking to change mine soon. Which are the best disks and pads to use with brembo brake system.??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Upgraded brembo brakes. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!