Wanted post 04/17 (not blue)

Home Forums Marketplace Cars For Sale (Mk3 Focus RS only) Wanted post 04/17 (not blue)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

vrf
    Participant

UK - England

Looking for ideally non-modded RS thats not Nitrous blue, as per title. Thanks.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome, good luck with your search ?

Honorary Member

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

It’ll be tough pickins… I wish you luck in your search.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome, good luck with the search.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Pre 04/17 cars matter too. I have no problem with my 03/17 7000 miler costing me £20 a month direct debit for road tax.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

I think prospective owners get transfixed on buying an RS that didn’t require the FSA, when probably a large proportion of the hardened RS Faithfull are the ones who pre-ordered the cars before build. So a little short-sighted when a high proportion of good examples will be prior to this request date.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Coast, I think all cars up to sept 17 was it? required the FSA, I think this chap wants the  ‘cheaper’ road tax of the April 17 onwards cars !  Strange really ! could be missing out on some nice cars innit. Condition and mileage matters more than  how much your tax is , in my opinion !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Different people look for different things when buying cars. When I purchased my 16 plate in January I went for all recalls completed (all done) , overall condition, mileage (15000), optional extras (had to have shell seats) and service history (6 stamps in the book). Tax never even crossed my mind.

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Exactly, couldn’t agree more.

If a potential RS owner is concerned about the cost of the road tax, think again… this car isn’t cheap to run and maintain.

Early cars will all have had the FSA work done by now and to the revised standard, so should not be worried.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

But if there are 2 identical cars that yo fancy, one pre- April and one post, you cant blame anyone for going for the cheaper road tax option, in fact you would be daft not to! Dont think there is a shortage of either if you look but whatever, as you guys rightly say, dont miss out a great car.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

but paul, hes kind of limiting his search to 04/17 cars onwards, so is missing out on a huge amount of cars purely it would seem because he wants the cheaper road tax. Innit?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Definitely bda, find the right car first.

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

I also meant to say worry about the tax secondly!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

whats the difference in the tax ?  isnt it only  like £7 a month or something between early and late regd cars ?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

I think post April cars are £150 a year?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Wanted post 04/17 (not blue). If you're not already a member then you can register for free!