We are all doomed ?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat We are all doomed ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

After listening to today’s announcement by the government about transport and going forward we’ve got to ditch the car and get on a bike or walk. Can’t travel on a bus or on a train if it’s busy you have got to use an App to see if it safe to travel at peak times. More cycle lanes wider pavements total ban on cars in towns and city’s.

I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIS WILL NOT VOTE FOR THIS

Rant over

Stay safe KEEP sane

Honorary Member

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

When ministers get rid of their personal vehicles and driver I may take notice, going to rough for Pimlico plumbers in London carrying a central heating boiler and 6 radiators on a bike.

May the Ford be with you

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Tranquilo tranquilo,

Well done Greta, looks like the future is going to be very strange I’m not sure how you are going to re-employ 6 million people who have lost the jobs in the U.K. maybe Greta could advise us.

Sorry folks I’ve not lost the plot but it seems to me that “Green Issues” have fallen into the Governments plans sooner the we might have imagined. Don’t get me wrong I’m all for staying safe and not letting this virus get the better of us.

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

As I see it we all need to isolate in our cars, its public transport that doomed.

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Aircraft, cruise ships how can you maintain 2m apart, lets see what the airlines oil company’s rain operators, and numerous other modes of transport go on.

Coastliner

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I missed the announcement. Whats the long story short? They banning cars now?

440bhp

443lbft

Finsti
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Don’t panic captain manwairing

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

What has been hinted at is, it will be so difficult to socially distance on buses and trains you have been ask to bike or walk to work because if we all went about in our cars there would be mass congestion. The government is pumping millions in to cycle paths narrowing roads in towns and cities also not immediately but banning cars in towns and cities. The hire of E bikes have brought forward to get us out of our cars.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I’m chilled now not panicking I’ve had my rant ?

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

I heard £2 billion. Wheres all this lolly from?. Isn’t paying people to be off work for months expensive enough?.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I just cant see that working. Im all for encouraging cycling but trying people to ditch their cars is the wrong way. Surely its the best way to social distance rather then everybody sweating their tits off and passing each other or the pavement.</p>

440bhp

443lbft

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Could you imagine us all doing our summer runs out to the coasts for fish and chips on our bikes, because cars aren’t allowed in  towns ?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@marty_rs, or for that matter in our Electric cars that run out of juice ???

Honorary Member

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat  ? yes we’ll have to plan our journeys around charge points ?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Its a knee jerk reaction, let it all settle down. Judging by whats happening in Germany (infection rate on the up again) I think we need to remain as we are now until at least the end of June. I need to finish my drive, re-bed   the ridge tiles and paint the kitchen so at least 4weeks work there.

Coastliner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to We are all doomed ?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!