What other vehicles in your household?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat What other vehicles in your household?

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Mad Dad
    Participant

UK - England

@1234enough, hang on to that 99 R1, £5k now and going up! Missed out on the RGs when they came out, cars and women came along, £15k for a half decent one now, both bikes worth keeping as an investment though.

Mad Dad
    Participant

UK - England

@Paul-m, have a bloke down this way that imports from USA, has a barn full of 70s and 80s bikes, 750s start at £6k for a dog and he has 10 of them! If only we hindsight!

Mad Dad
    Participant

UK - England

@1234enough, browsed their site a few times but not a member, been to quite a few bike meets in the late 90s early 00s, had a red 99 R1 myself, needed steering damper though for that front end (if you could keep it on the ground!) Boxhill in Surrey on Wednesday night and then a blast back to Brighton with the lads (all in our 40s lol) 179 on the clock and overtaken by mate on tuned gsxr1100, proper adrenaline rush. Not got the balls for it now, to much traffic about.

reuben
    Participant

South Africa

I have 2 Focus RS Mk3’s. Both Nitrous blue. Same spec.

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Mad dog, first thing I bought when I got R1 was steering damper, even with that on shakes its head, once on a blast came round sweeping bend and forgot there was a bump at end of bend and boy it earned its money at 140mph, funny you state 179mph, as that’s the exact fastest I ever see on the clock. Makes a lovely growl on the gas.Amuses me that it’s now going up in value as I only got it cos the rg blew it’s gearbox all over the road a couple of months before we was going on bikes to Dutch TT and I needed a bike quickly and it was at right price, really wanted a R6 but couldn’t find one at price point.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to What other vehicles in your household?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!