What paint do I need to paint an mountune inlet?

Home Forums Performance Engine What paint do I need to paint an mountune inlet?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

steven schools
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry if this is really stupid question, but can I just use normal spray paint to paint my mountune inlet pipe for the induction kit.

It is currently blue but I want to make it yellow, do I need special paint? I’ve seen posts where people refer to powder coating? Any help would be great, as I rather do it right 1st time. 👍🏻👍🏻

Thank you in advance

Thank you

Steve

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Steve the original one was plastic so Not sure it matters, powder coat comes in all colours it cost me £60 for both primary and secondary mountune intakes so might be an easier option

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Might be wrong, but if it’s powder coated I’d use a plastic primer/undercoat then top coat

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Either take it to a local body repair shop to get them to paint it with colour and clear.

Or go Halfords or another car spares shop and get 2 or 3 rattle tins, some scotch bright pads and some fine line masking tape.

Once you scotch down the original colour that will be your base coat/primer, then just add lots of light coats of paint to achieve an even colour.

Might be worthwhile warming the intake up prior to painting to speed up the drying time.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to What paint do I need to paint an mountune inlet?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!