what to ask the dealer to turn off?

Home Forums Performance General what to ask the dealer to turn off?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

Hi guys,

I know the question has been asked before and im sorry but ive searched and cant find the answer.I am going to book the car in whilst im off in the new year to have the ‘veering’ steering sorted on full throttle and i know turning the PDC off helps but was there another thing i need turning off?

thanks

“A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it” – Walter Rohrl

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

nope, just the PDC.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Fake engine noise

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

davemears
    Participant

UK - England

Plus 2 on fake noise

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

You might take the useless subwoofer out altogether, save weight and space and have less drone. Cheers 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

perfect thank you guys. Whats it like without the noise? i’m guessing terrible with out an aftermarket exhaust?

thanks

“A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it” – Walter Rohrl

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

cam.. its bloody quiet in a std car, you will find yourself giving it a load of beans just so you can hear the actual tailpipes, ( which do even on a std car, std exhaust, sound quite fruity at certain times) So I keep feng on , and if I feel the need to hear the exhaust more I drop the passenger rear window down a bit and pop up the sunroof a few inches.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Fake sounds fake,  just a buzzy drone,  standard sounds fine, like a real car.  If you want more noise take the sound proof off the underside of the bonnet as in the 375 kit does (I didn’t though).   Mines on a switch in the glove box, so I can easily compare.

I see no point adding a sport exhaust until it’s turned off, as it will mask the sound and hide it anyway.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

thanks for the reply guys i appreciate it. I think for now i will leave the noise on, when i come to get a sports exhaust i will probably turn it off. the last question i have is how difficult is it for them to find PDC with their equipment and does anyone know which section its in? I don’t want to get there and have them say they have never heard of it and cant find it with their equipment.

thanks

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@cam87: They have an Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) that is accessible with the On-board Diagnostic Interface (OBD2). There is a chapter about steering. There you can toggle PDC on and off. Cheers 😎

Here is a snapshot of the IDS manual:

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

thank you very much for that frenk, i did buy forscan but have not had the chance to use it yet, i suppose if i disable this myself then they would say the warranty is void or something. i have used vagcom a lot on previous cars and diagnostics equipment on cars so me turning it off shouldn’t be an issue just worried what they will say if i do.

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

thank you very much for that frenk, i did buy forscan but have not had the chance to use it yet, i suppose if i disable this myself then they would say the warranty is void or something. i have used vagcom a lot on previous cars and diagnostics equipment on cars so me turning it off shouldn’t be an issue just worried what they will say if i do.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@cam87

I don’t think you can disable PDC with Forscan mate!! I got mine turned off at my dealer along with FENG and Keyless Entry, got charged half n hours labour.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@cam87: I had my PDC disabled by the dealer in my former ST3 due to unbearable, continuous “zigzag steering”. The mod in the software was free of charge because of the warranty (first year) but they made me sign a waiver to acknowledge my responsibility in safety issues. I assume it is the same procedure for the RS.

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

Thank you very much for the info guys, i have booked the car in for Friday to turn off keyless entry and to turn the PDC off. Hopefully as others have said it will reduce the steering issue massively 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to what to ask the dealer to turn off?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!