what to ask the dealer to turn off?

Home Forums Performance General what to ask the dealer to turn off?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@cam87

Yeah it does make it so much better mate!! You’ll notice a massive difference, especially if you drive with your right foot planted hard like I do!! ??..!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

Ok, i’m back from the dealer and they said they could not find the auto lock when  set you off and i asked for the keyless system to be turned off and they have not done it, why i have no idea but i mainly went for PDC turn off and can turn the others off via forscan.

When i first set off in the car the steering felt slight different but that could be me, so i went back to a section of road where i would normally feel it and took it up to the national speed limit and it is there slightly but a big difference, i did 4 runs and it behaved a lot better than before. I then went on another stretch where i had experienced it and it did it the same as before turning it off so i’m a bit confused to be honest 🙁

Maybe its the way i drive at times i’m not sure, one thing i do know is it did not do it before the 375 upgrade so it might have something to with the systems shuffling the extra grunt around possibly? The next step would be to check wheel alignment which they never seem to get right from the factory on most cars.

Just to add he asked if i had the ghost system fitted to the car which might cause the auto lock not to work so i’m guessing he know what he was talking about, is there any way to check if the previous owner had this installed and maybe just deactivated it?

“A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it” – Walter Rohrl

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Cam maybe check the road surface out by doing a slow pass over the area where you got the action, I find the car moves around a bit on poor surfaces/groves/ruts, but its easily held, whereas before DSC off, the car would go madly into a death slalom zigzag which could not be held or stopped, thats gone for me now thank fook.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

ill give it a try thanks for the reply, i wouldn’t say it cant be held but to me if feels like my old M3 where you could feel the rear wheels moving side to side under power going up the motorway slip road when it was damp/wet for lack of a better description. It never seems to happen until your up around 70 mph with your foot planted, before that i cant really detect it, this has always happened on smooth roads which is why i’m trying to chase it down.

thanks

“A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it” – Walter Rohrl

Para
    Participant

Germany

Auto Start-Stop permanently on shutdown, that would be my biggest wish! Next, fake noise.

stteb
    Participant

UK - England

I asked my local Allen Ford dealer in Rugby ,Warwickshire if they could turn my PDC on my steering off ..they said they can’t do it ..I said can’t or won’t they just said We can’t. We are not a main dealer…?.

any body no who can turn the PDC in the Midlands ..thanks

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

I know a tech a local Ford dealer & ive messaged him today to see if he can turn the pdc off & I’ll get him to also turn feng off at same time.

Andy.

Red Edition.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

I gave up asking dealers to turn off PDC… all sorts of excuses 😕

Had it done with my stage 2 at sabre & then a mate turned the rest off, some of the best bits I’ve done…

Start stop disabled

PDC off

Fake sound off

Keyless off

12% extra RDU (will be 25% with power increase soon)

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

@GM How do you find the extra 12% rdu.?,ive been in touch with a guy from local dealership & he says turning pdc off shouldn’t be a problem as they have done it on some ST’s.

Andy.

Red Edition.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Just done the 12% extra to the rdu unit on mine, really does feel different esp coming out of corners,feels like it has a lot more get up and go, lots more grip if that’s even possible 

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

As @crocket81 more like a 4wd car now… real good tbh… 25% when more power is sorted

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

@GM to be honest mate I wouldn’t go anymore than the 12 % even if I had more power, this is perfect as is and the more you put through the rear the more wear you will put on the rdu and drive train

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@crocket81 25% seams to be the sweet spot for the power level I’m going to… few been running for quite some time and a load of miles.. 12% looks to be bang on for stage 2 levels. 600+ the drivetrain going to get a workout 😆 my mates is doing well with over 680 & 583 lbft…..

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Only time will tell mate what this mod will do to the drivetrain, fingers crossed it doesn’t open a can of worms🤞🏻

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to what to ask the dealer to turn off?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!