What tuner?

Home Forums Performance Engine What tuner?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Jay Love
    Participant

UK - England

Hi wanting to remap and do some hardware but there’s so much from different tuners just wondered what everyone else had done. For the time being just wanting a simple remap as the car doesn’t feel as fast as it could be. When I get my tax back around March time wanting to go for around 420bhp and leave it at that. Was thinking of the Dreamscience stage 3 kit. What’s peoples thoughts on it compared to other tuners? Had Dreamscience map on a focus st with 320bhp and never had an issue with it.

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

DS have bad rep with the mk3 RS, whether that’s justified is yet to be seen but a certain couple of utubers stained there reputation to be honest.

Your most common answer on here be MSD multimaps which could suit you well as start on MSD380 and then move to 400/420 as you upgrade parts.

the other tuner will be sabre for custom tune.

outside of that there many to choose from, I have revo 1 and have no complaints but quick straight line car the RS will never be unless you spend 1000’s.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Wait till black Friday. Collins, MSD and others will be reduced. Lots of options out there

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Ive got a dreamscience imap for sale. Comes with the ultima 3+ map and 5lives. £230

440bhp

443lbft

Jay Love
    Participant

UK - England

just had a look again and the msd multi maps seems like a good way forward. Just have to purchase hardware separate and move forward in stages. It’s a jungle out there with all the bits available. Think I’ll start with recirc valve prv catch can and symphosiser delete. And an air filter. Let’s see what comes up in the sale. Although the wife says I’ve spent enough already. Only had the car 3 weeks and spent nearly a grand already. Don’t think she’s impressed.

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

Saber is the best route to go its custom and gives best results and drivability also doesn’t cost an arm and a leg for enhancing your car further

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Steer clear of dreamscience, go either MSD or Sabre

petey2468
    Participant

UK - England

I used the Dreamscience Imap from the car being 6 months old (2017) until 4 months ago, 24k miles of tune to be exact and it was faultless, so not sure how or why it gets such a bad rap on here, i think there is a lot of scaremongering or people passing off other peoples views off as their own, or maybe the 1 or 2 bad experiences of people on the internet. That said, as soon as i upgraded my hardware i switched to the MSD 420 map (multi maps) and it is a far superior product in terms of driveability, performance etc, but it costs significantly more even if u go for the 380/400 map which does not require much extra hardware. Just be aware that all tunes come with risk, there is no such thing as risk free extra BHP, especially with this engine.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Dreamscience became popular as their tag line was no other mods required, in fact they clearly are as now Dreamscience sell all the extra mods as before they didn’t.
    Dreamscience where only interning selling handsets and not interested in your engines life.

Avoid Dreamscience.

Devil Developments for a custom tune or a handset MSD, Matt Lewis also do custom and handset tunes (canned)

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

petey2468
    Participant

UK - England

Everyone

@white-rs has spoken

Avoid Dreamscience

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Speaking from my own experience DS U3 was good, No issues at all… But all and above on supporting mods. Sabre stage 2 night and day to drive tho, more power and refined.

petey2468
    Participant

UK - England

Like you, DS had its time and place with me and i had no complaints. I have now moved on to the MSD 420 with the required mods. Regardless of who anyone goes with, a tune transforms the car in to what it should have always been.

It would be interesting to drive a Sabre tuned car with a true custom, bespoke tune opposed to my off the shelf MSD 420 multi map, albeit with data logging.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Guys please. Im trying to sell my dreamscience imap haha

440bhp

443lbft

petey2468
    Participant

UK - England

I ended up selling mine on flebay. Sold within days of putting it on, the only kicker was the fees……

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

Petey 2468 night and day difference

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to What tuner?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!