What type of Engine Oil??

Home Forums Performance Fluids What type of Engine Oil??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Lappin84
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi fellow RS owners,

I have just recently purchased a 17 plate RS Mk3 focus and i have been trying to find out but not having much luck what kind of engine oil it takes??

Can anybody help me out!

Many Thanks

James

Lotus104
    Participant

Sweden

Hi

It should be a oil with Ford specification WSS M2C 937-A , not to many to find but Castrol Edge Titanium FST 0W40 and Motul 8100 X-max 0W40 has the right specification.

RS Edition , built 13/9-18 , and delivered 9/11-18

Mountune: R.M.M. / Roll restrictor, PTU Brace, Breather plate & Re-circulating valve.

Mishimoto: I/C + pipe kit, Catch can, Blue Aluminum expansion tank

Ford Performance / Remus cat back Exhaust

FSWERKS short shift kit.

quantiTEC Smoked rear lights.

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

rog
    Participant

UK - England

FYI – fluid specifications are stated in supplementary RS booklet.

Rog.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Great responses from the guys on here.

Its been mentioned in previous posts, but be aware the oil you are recommended to use is the one Red leader put the photo up of.

It is filtered to a higher specification for the RS and most importantly has fluorescent indicator in it. The watch out is if you do not use this oil and you have a engine warrenty claim, ford may reject your claim. All they do to check is shine a black light in to look for the indicator.

May the Ford be with you

Ruggerbugger
    Blocked

UK - England

Try diesel Love mr howse

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Spot on Yorkirs. ?I know on someone who had a warranty claim rejected due to the wrong oil being used. Cost him a large bag of cash for an engine rebuild.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Top info, didn’t know about the indicator….  not needed to top it up, but sure the bottle I have is the normal version without indicator.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

TerryRS
    Participant

UK - England

<li style=”text-align: center;”>I know this a old post but hopefully somebody will be able to help. I can’t find one called FST, is this the same?

TerryRS
    Participant

UK - England

<li style=”text-align: center;”>I know this a old post but hopefully somebody will be able to help. I can’t find one called FST, is this the same?

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/castrol-edge-0w-40-a3-b4-4ltr-521772351

ECP have it in again…no discount code available, maybe wait until they have a code and bag a few?

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Oil here. Make sure to use the discount code MID20

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/castrol-edge-0w-40-a3-b4-4ltr-521772351

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all, had my 2016 RS now for 3 months and love it but I do like to have some engine oil handy in the car so 4ltr is too big and don’t need the professional with the indicator as it’s obviously out of warranty plus they seem to be £85 for 1 ltr! 😳

Price here seems ok but does anyone know any bette deals, plus just triple checking this is the right one! CheeRS, Al

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/castrol-edge-fst-engine-oil-0w-40-1ltr-521772352?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi8WZiqC4-gIVUOvtCh0GWAU3EAQYAyABEgKiDvD_BwE

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to What type of Engine Oil??. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!