What's your cleaning routine?

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing What's your cleaning routine?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all,

Thought it might be interesting to see what everyones cleaning routine is? Mine is usually every 2 weeks –

1. Pressure wash on medium setting to rinse the car down
    2. Snow foam
    3. Pressure wash on full setting to rinse
    4. 2 Bucket method
    5. Dry
    6. Meguiars Quik Detailer to finish – thinking about swapping this out for their Quik Wax?

That’s it – usually around 2-3 hours for the above. I wax once or twice a year too.

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Hi masrs i do exactly the same ,if you use the quick wax the cloth gets dirty quickly even after you,ve done all of the above,still seems to find muck in the paint so i don,t use regular just the detailer to get rid of the dreaded water marks that seem endless from the mirrors etc.

Former RS Edition owner

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

I hose off with normal hose pipe have a good pressure so no need for power washer.Use wash and wax to clean the car.Shamy off then autoglym wax on buff up good to go.Spend a bit of time on the wheels as those beautiful black Forged baby’s are a pig to get and keep clean.Have a couple of wheel brushes to get in.Do this weekly.Oh and always polish my tips with Autosol again weekly.

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hose wash the car initially then fully snow foam.  Let her soak for five minutes then hose wash off.  Hand wash the car with quality shampoo then wash off.  Microfibre dry with wet wax spray. Wheels get a dose of Nanolex matte protector after a good clean and dry. Exhaust Tips get a good wash and polish. Interior gets a good hoover and black window seals and all glass get a good polish.  Every week when the weather permits up here !!!!!!!  Only power wash is the snow foam, nice soft water up here so no problems with watermarks.  Once every three months she will get the clay bar and a good layer of Polish Angel Viking Shield.

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Snow Foam soak while I do wheels

Pressure wash off snowfoam and wheels which takes off 95% of the crap too – wonders of Ceramic coating.

Apply citrus cleaner to key areas as well as Fallout remover to front quaters and rear of car.  Leave to soak, adgitate where necessary and jet wash off.

2 Bucket wash method

Dry off with Autofinesse towels and dress wheels.

Job done.

Obviously clay can come into the equation dependent on how dirty the car is but I find its only really when the weather gets warmer I need to do it.

Glass I only really do every other wash.

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

Interesting to see other peoples routines! I only do glass every other wash too. Alloys I generally give the once over, they’re a pain to keep clean to be honest. I barely do the exhaust tips, think I’ve done them twice! 🙂

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

Mine does live outside and gets used at weekends only.A wax polish every weekend may seem a bit much to some but i don’t mind doing it.Its the bloody black Forged wheels that are hard to keep clean.Any tips to keeping them clean or products to use.As I said I clean weeekly but the wheels never seem to stay clean for long.

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

For my alloys I’m currently in the process of applying some of Gtechniq C5 wheel armour and layering it with C2 Liquid Cystal.  I shall report back on its durability in due course but I have high hopes having read the reviews.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to What's your cleaning routine?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!