Wheel cleaner recommendations

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Wheel cleaner recommendations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Chaps,

What do you recommend? My partner’s Focus Zetec wheels need a good clean and no that’s not a euphuism

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Sonax Wheel cleaner plus.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Just be careful theirs a lot on the market acidic based , 

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Try this have a read 

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

I use Autoglym custom wheel cleaner – no acid!

NB FPM375

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Autoglym for me

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

If they are really contaminated and dirty, start with iron fallout very good results.

Coastliner

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

FWIW Sonax is also acid free, made in Germany.

They have 3 levels, I use the middle one:

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Here’s the colors changing looks more pronounce on the BBS that came from my Evo X, now on my nephew’s MazdaSpeed 6

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

I use Mirror image car care products. For the price point I don’t think there much better tbh.

the owner is Nick Simpson, a chemical mastermind and petrol head, He owns the Red focus ST on BD Performance channel for those who watch there content.

I’m not a detailer or pretend to know what I’m talking about but tried every manufacturer in Halfords and MICC products much better!

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

I use Autoglym have done for years. Good stuff.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

There is a lot of choice Ultimate finish sell many different products and brands. It’s a bit like oil choice some use Mobil some use Castrol some use Millers, I have used many branded products I tend to have a mixture and mainly Maguires. Always striving for the best for the money.

Coastliner

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

I use car chem iron detox mostly as I got it cheap at £38 for 25 litres black Friday last year. Bilt Hamber is indeed the best fallout remover but very expensive. Another good one for me was P&S Brake Buster at 1:1. Great for cleaning the tyres too.

Car chems clean wheels is also good at a reasonable price. Make sure you check out the car chem black Friday sale. They usually do up to 70% off – I’ll put on a thread when I hear more.

If you have the forged alloys I’d recommend you get some wheel woolies. Best and safest wheel brush IMO.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Second @DaveRS3. Also purchased some through Car Chem last year during their black Friday event.

Before that I used the none acidic cleaner from autobrite direct.

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

mrjohnnylloyd
    Participant

UK - England

YUMCARS  are the best detailing products very easy to use loads of youtube videos showing how to use the products properly I would highly recommend Yum wheel cleaner is absolutely brilliant.

Standard frozen white apart from K&N air filter all options ticked except sunroof. And I’ve now got some flaps ya gotta love flaps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Wheel cleaner recommendations. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!