Wheel cleaning tools

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Wheel cleaning tools

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

mark-250
    Participant

United Kingdom

What brushes are you using to clean the standard wheels, the gap between the small spokes is very small.

I was thinking of getting some genuine wheel woolies but they are expensive so need to make sure they will work first.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

cheap… !! 😎

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

I use wheel wollies and they are expensive but make wheel cleaning a doddle .

you get what you pay for really, not found or used anything better imo and will last a long time?

Al Kirk
    Participant

United Kingdom

Wheel woollies for me but I have the forged wheels.

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

Me too?

mark-250
    Participant

United Kingdom

Seem to be the way to go then.

I have forged wheels now and they are fine to clean I use a WoWo wheel mitt https://wo-wo.co.uk/products/microfibre-wheel-wash-mitt

I have always liked the standard wheels and after 2 years decided I wanted a change so brought some Magnetite standards but after sealing them ready for the tyre swop I don’t think the mitt will be any good for the small gap.

New wheels with gel badges

new wheels

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

I use this on my standard alloy spokes. Pleased with the results.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Wheel Woolies – Don’t fear the price, you will be glad you got them.

The large one is perfect in the larger gap of the std wheel and to clean the barrel and the small one for the small gap.

In my experience they are the only type that will clean the rear of the spokes and barrel without any chance of scratching.

Over the last year I have applied Poorboys Wheel Sealant twice (2 coats each time) and this has made cleaning the wheels much easier.

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

EZ wheel brush – had mine for two years now and still going strong – not cheap but does the job!

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/ez-detail-brush/prod_480.html

mark-250
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks guys,

I have just ordered the wheel woolies and a EZ detail brush as I could not fully make my mind up lol

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Same set up here Mark, Poorboys too, winter wheels, Wheel Woolies do the trick just fine. Nice inserts, I’ve got some on the way.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Wheel cleaning tools. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!