Wheel spacer advice

Home Forums Performance Handling Wheel spacer advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Morning guys, looking for fitting advice on some wheel spacers I’ve just bought. They are 15mm eibach ones, to fit with my 19″ forged alloys. I’ve received them with 2 sets of nuts. I would imagine the shorter but bolts the spacer to the hub, torqued accordingly. But can the original wheel nut set not be used when fitting the wheel back on?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@marty_rs

Afternoon mate!! I’ve got H & R 15mm Spacers and used the original Wheel Nuts. The only reason I can think for them to supply separate Wheel Nuts would be if the threads on your Spacers are different to standard?? Can you take a Wheel nut off and try it on the Spacer??

Yeah, bolt the spacers to the Hubs with the small nuts and torque to 100 Ft/lbs, then fit wheels and torque to 100 Ft/lbs also.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Marc,

Yeh I found the original wheel nuts fit the threads on the spacers, so I used them as I knew they were the right taper for the wheels. All fitted and torqued with no issues on my lunch break.

Didnt realise how much difference they were going to make, just need to stay away from those kerbs now..?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Wheel spacer advice. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!