Wheel sticker inlays

Home Forums Performance General Wheel sticker inlays

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Pauly Paul
    Participant

<p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>Hi there has anyone bought new inlays for the forged alloys , I’m currently goingAlong with the fiddly nitrous blue ones , Which get dirty and at one point came off . I had a right ding dong putting them on , followed advice from dmb graphics and use brake fluid to clean , but still spent hours getting them in . I eventually used clear lacquer to stick, 👍👍 They say they have a new acrylic set , any one used these ,and are they any good , please let me know 😉😉👍👍</p>

<!–more–>

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

You mean brake cleaner not fluid as brake fluid would damage your paint finish. This is the one inlay that I have resisted purchasing for the reasons you have come across. But good luck with fitting them.

Coastliner

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

I bought the new acrylic ones and had similar issues.

Cleaned the area prior to trying to fit them, took ages to get them to stick and lost 2 of them washing the car a week after fitting them.

Now removed the other 2 and binned them.

PITA is how I would sum the whole process up.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

If you need things to stick, use panel wipe to clean surface 👌🏻👍

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

As GM says panel wipe is best,brake cleaner will get rid of grease & oil but pw will remove everything & they then should stick & stay in place.DONT get brake fluid on paint work as it will remove it.

Andy.

Red Edition.

chris-rs380
    Participant

UK - England

New acrylic style been on since April and still going strong. Far better than the original fiddly ones.

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

These are the old ones fiddly but still on , used panel wipe , 

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I thought they sent me the wrong ones!!!   Perhaps not.     I’ve had the gel type that are a bit bendy and fiddly to fit (Wheel off lay flat and use tweezers)  for 3 years, and re-stuck them again after a wheel refurb, eventually I had to buy some more. What I got was a clear base with a coloured top surface, more ridged but sit slightly proud of the recess and look a bit crap compared to the old.  I used Isoprol alcohol to clean originally and later Gyeon panel wipe, so they stuck okay so far.

I also bought new inlay for the spoiler, one day in the sun and it came partly unstuck and slipped, again the previous had lasted years, I changed to the darker blue for a refresh.

So not impressed…..

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Pauly Paul
    Participant

I know I’ve had various bits from dmb graphics over the years and been super impressed, with 99% of there products, especially the b&c pillar Carbon fibre over lays . And other RS inlays . But not with the forge wheel stickers , surely some one could do a overlay stencil to cover surrounding alloy areas of wheel and leave RS logo exposed so we could spray the RS indents ourselves, just a thought .🥱🥱🥱👍👍please pass on my jabber sure someone has already thought of this solution.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Chris Rs 380 looks like the new acrylic ones fill more of the wheel recess than the original ones , pity they don’t do a slightly darker blue , would look wicked. Super shiny alloys, you had them  dipped gloss black 👌👌👍

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Wheel sticker inlays. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!