WHEELS BLISTERING!!

Home Forums Styling Wheels WHEELS BLISTERING!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Afternoon all!! Just went out to wash the RS after getting home from Offshore on Wednesday and noticed some blistering on the Forged Alloys!!

I’ve taken a couple of pics and you can clearly see it bubbling under the paint and at one bit the paint has actually come away….

I’ve now checked all 4 wheels and there’s signs of this on them all albeit very small on a couple of them!!

Is this a straight forward warranty claim?? Has anybody else had this and what was the outcome??

Car is 2 years old this month.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

faber
    Participant

France

This is the first time I see her.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

birchy2010
    Participant

UK - England

Yep. Straight forward claim.

Had two wheels replaced a few months ago for less blistering than that. They took there own pictures and I emailed the inside of rim pics to the tech. Two new wheels and jobs a good un.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Marc

Same hear, one forged alloy replaced under warrenty at first service last August due to paint lifting around tyre valve, sounded like they had already replaced a few others.

May the Ford be with you

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

The paint doesn’t look the best on the forged alloys, I have a set of silver standard as well and the finish on the silver one’s is superior.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!! Thanks for your replies. Gonna go to the Ford Garage on Monday and I’ll be asking for 4 wheels, hopefully it all goes well and they’re replaced under warranty without any hassle. Can’t be bothered with any hassle like!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo

Just don’t be fobbed off, I don’t think for one minuet you will be, but this shouldn’t happen until the car is well over 5 years old.

Coastliner

birchy2010
    Participant

UK - England

The one thing I got asked about was wash routine. Implying that if you’d used the £5 corner washes you may struggle to get it through. How they’d ever deny it or prove anything I don’t know but so your prepared they may ask n

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

brembo – Mmmm, not good that Marc, the finish on the forged wheels isn’t brilliant, but like coastliner says, they should be lasting longer than that, good luck for a full set replacement, let us know how you get on.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

thats harsh sea air and salty roads and fast driving for you Marc !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@birchy2010

Evening mate!! Don’t quite understand the “£5 corner washes”??

So what should I say or not say to avoid any hassle?? It’s clearly unacceptable and would like to get them replaced without having to argue with some TOSSPOT in a showroom!!

Cheers, Marc.

birchy2010
    Participant

UK - England

Cheaper car washes use acidic wheel cleaner. Oven cleaner basically.

Key parts for me were to enforce I always washed it myself with a ph neutral, non acidic wheel cleaner on a regular basis.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@birchy2010

Sound mate!! Cheers for that!! As dirty as my car gets at times, it’s always washed afterwards and I wash it myself with decent products. My wheels were Ceramic coated not long after I got the car, should I mention or not mention that??

Cheers, Marc.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Less is more just point out the fault reiterate the car age mileage and tell them you think this is unacceptable. Polite and straightforward. The more you say the more chance they have of bating the claim off.

Coastliner

bmac800
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Wonder if corrosion around valves is why both my rear tyres have slow leaks. There is also a few paint blisters on the insides of my wheels.

Are you taking your car to Parks in Inverness I am from the Highlands as well ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to WHEELS BLISTERING!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!