WHEELS BLISTERING!!

Home Forums Styling Wheels WHEELS BLISTERING!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bmac800

Afternoon mate!! A fellow RS’er in the Highlands, ????????. What colour you got??

I’ve had 2 x slow leaks and both times it was the valves themselves. I don’t have blistering around the valves though, do you have visible blistering around your valves??

Yeah, it will be Parks in Inverness, that’s where I bought it and it’s also closest to me.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bmac800
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers for the reply maybe it is the valves then I haven’t really had a good look to see if there is corrosion round them but there is definite paint blisters on the inside of a couple of wheels. Got days off next week so will go and get the tyre fitter to have a look.

My car is Nitrous I got it new from Parks Inverness in September 2017.

Be interested to see how you get on its a pain having to go back and forth to Inverness for stuff like this.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yeah it is a pain, I’m only 40 mins away from Inverness so not too bad, plus I’m at home for 3 weeks at a time. I’m gonna try and get down there on Monday and see what they say about my wheels.

I bought valves from Ford at £8 each but my local tyre place in Tain said don’t bother with them, they had valves that fit the sensors and charge £1:50. So I wouldn’t go out and buy valves from Ford, see what your tyre place says first mate!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Tubsy250
    Participant

UK - England

I think we are now seeing how they sold them at such a low price!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo

Fords Warranty, But basically if it’s a manufacturing defect it’s warranty covered. Paint bubbling this soon definitely a manufactured defect, should all be good ?

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/my-vehicle/warranties/faqs

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Morning All!!

Quick update…. Just been to the Ford garage regarding wheels blistering, drove 45 minutes and they wouldn’t look at it, said I need to be booked in coz they have to remove the wheels from the car, remove the tyres and take photos to send to Ford!! Then they would refit my tyres and wheels, order new wheels and get me booked back in for a second time to fit!! As you can imagine that didn’t go down well so I expressed my feelings in a very reasonable manner, cheers @coastliner  lol!! I still have to get booked back in to get photos of the wheels taken but I managed to get them to come out and take a few photos which will hopefully get them to order a set of wheels so they have them sitting and can be fitted there and then!! I’ve got a trip to Amsterdam next week then back Offshore the week after so it’s not gonna be til June, and they’re gonna phone me to tell me if they’ve been given authorisation to pre-order the wheels on the basis of their photos taken this morning. Guess that’s a reasonable outcome so far, I’m just not a very patient person, hate waiting for stuff!! Haha…. ???.

Cheers, Marc.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Sounds positive to me, on another note me and my good lady are planning a Scotland trip in the RS next year. Maybe I can tap in on your knowledge to give me some idea’s. Looking at B&B and basically doing a fair bit of sightseeing, not too bothered with the big cities. My email should you accept the challenge is stephen.thomas46@btopenworld.com. Other than that thought I might ask Nicola Sturgeon to give me some tips. Lol

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@coastliner

Afternoon mate!! Challenge accepted, lol!! Scotland is a beautiful place and there’s so much of it that I haven’t seen but I can certainly vouch for the Highlands being a very magical place indeed. I would recommend the North coast 500 route and pretty much anywhere else up here in the Highlands if you were planning coming this far up?? As for specific B&B’s and sights, I’ll do some thinking and get back to you. If you get the weather, like it is today, you’re on to an absolute winner!! Are you a Whisky drinker??

Cheers, Marc.

bmac800
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hopefully that’s it sorted and a new set of replacement alloys fitted.

That’s the worst with Parks Inverness they were going to make me do 220 mile round trip for the head gasket pressure test then hang about Inverness all day until it was done. Then order the parts and make another 220 mile round trip to drop the car off to get the gasket replaced then another 220miles to pick up the car. Ended up putting the car to Parks Elgin for a week who were brilliant doing the pressure test , fitting a new gasket and fitting the FPM375 kit all at the same time.

Would definitely recommend the NC500 I live on it and some of the scenery is absolutely stunning if you can take your eyes off the pot holes in the roads long enough to see it that is. Would book hotels or B&Bs as soon as possible there is not a great selection anyway and it gets busier and busier every year.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bmac800

Afternoon mate!! A 220 mile round trip to come down to Inverness?? You must be way north pal!! I used to live in Elgin and worked in a couple of Dealerships there, never really rated the Ford garage back then when it was Macrae and Dick, but things change. Glad you got some decent service there.

Excellent advice for @coastliner regarding booking early, with you living on the NC500 you would know better than anybody how busy it gets.

@coastliner

I would recommend this same book that I recommended to another member…

Loads of info about everything you could think of and also maps with all the roads etc. Definitely worth a purchase if you decide to come up this way!! ????????.

Cheers, Marc.

bmac800
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yes you don’t get much further north than Thurso where I live.

Had some pretty poor service at Ford dealers over the years but Parks Elgin were great and the service manager was brilliant could not fault them.

It gets really busy up here from about Easter and there now seems to be loads of organised car runs , owners clubs etc. Last year there was some pretty exotic high end stuff kicking about.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bmac800

Yeah, I remember coming home from Durness one time and had to give way to a string of 6 Ferrari’s, in convoy and all with foreign plates. An awesome sight, sounded great as they roared past!!

Cheers, Marc.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Yes there is plenty of time, not tied to work so can travel outside school term. So I know weather can be a bit unpredictable but looking at early July. Yes I want to incorporate that drive the North Coast 500. So any advice would be appreciated. I will get that book too.

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

And I don’t mind a good Malt whiskey.

Coastliner

kevlcfc
    Participant

UK - England

I have also noticed blistering on my wheels and warranty ends in June. Getting 3rd service at mountune next week so once complete going to book in with Ford to have a look and also check my rain sensor for the auto wipers as it seems to have a air bubble in, causing them to only come on when i cant see.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to WHEELS BLISTERING!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!