WHEELS BLISTERING!!

Home Forums Styling Wheels WHEELS BLISTERING!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo

Hope its a positive result especially with your long trip to dealers.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@coastliner

Morning mate!! Cheers for that!!

Well it’s a REALLY positive outcome folks!! The receptionist has just told me that all 4 wheels will get replaced under warranty…..

AND…. they have 4 wheels in stock if I’d like to wait they’ll fit them right now!!

What more can I say… ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED!! ???.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo, Top result ??

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

happy days Marc ! Don’t forget you will have to run them in carefully so they end up as fast as your old ones. Innit?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

It is indeed!! Cheers mate!! ?.

@71-bda

I’ve got a 300 mile round trip when I leave the garage to pick up my youngest son for the weekend!! So by Sunday night they’ll have done a minimum of 600 miles. I’m sure that’ll be fine mate, haha!!

Just need to decide how I’m going to protect them?? Had a Ceramic coat on the last ones so probably just do that again. Nice n easy to take care of…. Suits me just fine!! Lol!! ?.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Marc.. Jet seal Matte on mine, just applied like polish on clean rims, wait 30 mins and buff off, done it twice since Mar 17, and still they are minto..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

4 x new Alloys under warranty!! Delighted!! ??..!!

Cheers, Marc.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, pleased it worked out well. As always a stunning pic ?

Honorary Member

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo

Cracking Result ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@ Brembo – Looking good now, especially with the spacers and springs. Not a fan of flaps though I notice. lol.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

looking good, if maybe a little too clean for you though marc !! 😎

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Fantastic excellent result, credit to Ford for sorting quickly.

May the Ford be with you

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@tonys

Evening mate!! Mud flaps ARE on the shopping list actually!! I just can’t decide which ones to get?? Also, it would appear I have a dilemma…. That little black plastic trim that sticks out each side of the rear wheel arches…. well I only have one?? It’s at the drivers side and nothing at the passengers?? I’ve had a feel about but nothing so I’m gonna have to take off the wheel arch liner and have a proper look. I remember noticing when I got the car new that there was only one so I checked a grey RS that was parked there and it also only had one so I never thought anymore of it. Until now that I’m looking to get mud flaps and everybody else seems to have 2?? ?.

@71-bda

Very clean indeed mate!! Only real issue this time of year is the 45,000 bugs glued to the front of the motor after every Highland Blast!! Lol…. ??.

Cheers, Marc.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo – I’m on a 17 plate and I have a sticky out thingy on both sides! Should be covered under warranty.

daddy999
    Participant

UK - England

The forged alloy blistering issue.

Ford appear to admit to a manufacturing error. So is it a particular batch or year? If mine are to go the same way I just hope it happens while the warranty is live.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to WHEELS BLISTERING!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!