WHEELS BLISTERING!!

Home Forums Styling Wheels WHEELS BLISTERING!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@daddy999

If your car is a low mileage car not used as a daily, you likely wont get any issue in three years. Brembo’s car lives outside near to the coast for long periods so subject to the elements and salty air which won’t help. That said I have forged alloys on mine no blistering but the finish just doesn’t seem robust or quality. I also have a set of standard alloys in silver with winter tyres, they are a much better quality finish and are made in a different country to the forged alloys. My car is three years old with just under 8000 on the clock, so low mileage compared to Brembo’s car. I have come to the conclusion that I will have the forged one’s refurbished when they show signs of any marks or blisters.

Coastliner

daddy999
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the reply. Mines an 18 plate with just under 3k. Not a daily driver and as you say the quality isn’t great on the forged. I’ll keep an eye on them over the winter with Road salt etc.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Mines booked in for detailing/ceramic coating so I thought I’d also get the wheels refurbed using powder coat (thicker than wet paint) primer and powder coat lacquer top coat. Just not happy with the oem finish on my particular wheels which are showing signs of whitening and minor surface pitting. Not finally decided between satin black (oem) or chrome black. If anyone has pics of chrome black on forged wheels I’d appreciate you posting. Think some pics were posted last year but can’t find them.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

tonys, my opinion is gloss black looks cheap and does not suit the RS, the satin/low sheen oem forged finish looks best to my eyes !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I would agree with 71-bda OEM satin black finish looks the best.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

tyres bubbling !!

maybe an Aero tyre?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Oh dear not at all good.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ha ha Coast, maybe its a new rim protector device, like air bags for your rims to stop kerbing !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

The tyre certainly doesn’t look healthy ? A bit bloated ???

Honorary Member

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’m looking to take my car in to see about getting the wheels replaced under warranty. Forged wheels are blistering in the corners, Do I need to take it back to the ford garage I bought it From or can it be any ford dealer nearby?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Any Ford Dealer should deal with this issue. It isn’t a short process as they will have to take photo’s and then seek permission from Ford.

Coastliner

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah, I just noticed very small dots on my forged wheels that I think will turn into blisters. I reckon it’s small stone chips that allow salt/water to get under the top coat. Mine is 3 years old with 12k miles.

NB FPM375

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Stu-c mine is going the same 3 years with 14K, going to get them powder coated then ceramic coated before fitting back on…

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@GM – Just had the car detailed & ceramic coated so I had the wheels stripped, powder coated and ceramic coated also. Well worth it imo.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Car&wheels ceramic coat

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to WHEELS BLISTERING!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!