Wheels sealed

Home Forums Styling Wheels Wheels sealed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

Well I’ve had all the wheels off today & given them a good clean & also given them 3x coats of poorboys wheel sealant & while wheels were off I did the inner arches & suspension components with Bilt Hamber surfex.

Andy.

Red Edition.

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

looking good.

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Makes cleaning them a whole lot easier.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Did mine today in Gyeon Rim coating…. also hubs and callipers, should complete my summer clean as I used Cancoat for the paint and Trim for the plastic…

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Pauly Paul
    Participant

No seal or coating just elbow grease 😊😊😊😊👍👍

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Mandiscatterbrain….

Be worth getting something on them to give some protection against the brake dust, tar and road film. Makes them a lot easier to clean and less need to scrub causing scratches.

A nice easy product is WoWos crystal sealant giving 6 to 9 months protection. Just spray on, wipe off with a microfibre.

Tyrefitter. Poorboys wax is lovely stuff to use. It wont last so long but to me it gives a really nice glow like nothing else, smells great and a nice texture for hand application. It’s my chosen product for the RS as the wheels are off twice a year anyway. I’ve had C5 on them before but I didn’t rate it although so many good people do, I will give it another go at some point. Good job.👍

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Many thanx Davers3 will def get some poor boys wax 👍👍👍

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

No worries mandiscatterbrain. It’s a lot more work putting the wax on but for me it’s worth it.

I’m conscious though that a lot of people who I do respect as detailers rubbish wheel wax. Its ceramic or nothing for them. For me it works cause I like to take my wheels off regularly anyway. Would struggle to get the wax in the barrels well without removal but the spray on sio2s are much easier.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I have used Swiss Wheel wax in the past, looks nice last a few weeks in the summer.  Hope the Gyeon coating last longer though, they claim 6-12 Months.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Gave poor boys a go looks great and smells nice , 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Wheels sealed. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!