Where’s Everyone Gone !!!

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Where’s Everyone Gone !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yes great roads indeedy. We’re having 5 days in caleta de fuste and five up in Coralejo, I’m still trying to find a winter holiday home to buy either on fuerte or on one of the other islands but not having much luck so far, I think Tenerife has the most to offer but its getting too built up and busy and traffic jams off the TF5 into puerto de la cruz are getting ridiculous!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one bda ? have a look at Lanzarote Playa Blanca, La Campana towards the lighthouse. Good value for money ? Enjoy the holiday hope the weather is good.

Honorary Member

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Bobcat,  how populated is that area?   Hate going to crowded areas full of British larger louts.   Benidorm would be our worse nightmare ..LOL

71BDA  Don’t forget your mankini  …..   Oh someone pass the mind bleach please.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@9, not very populated there are quite a few separate urbanisations. There are a few Hotels going back towards the harbour port and property gets more expensive.

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Yes had a squizz around there in April this year Bob ! were at the Rubicon H10 and then finished off in Puerto del carmen, we both agreed that we think Lanzarote is just too windy, or at least it always was on the times we visited so think narrowed the search to Gran canaria Puerto mogan or Fuerte. The longer the search goes on the more I’m thinking we may end up on one of Spains costas and do a ‘Fezza’ !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Ok bda? main land Spain Costa Blanca Guardamar worth a look

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

nice one cheers Bob ! Only thing thats stopped me looking at the mainland is that from memory it can get a bit chilly down there december/january and people put the HEATING on !! Theres no way I want to escape the grey and cold winter here to be faced with more cold and grey down there, thats why we are persevering with the canaries for the moment!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Brill???

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Most went to the La Tomatina in Spain in August

Honorary Member

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Look at La Gomera,   Was the least amount of wind I ever seen in the Canaries,  Fuerte is of course the “windy island”.

Mainland is surely not far enough south to get the all year sun.   Last year we were on the beach on New Years day  in Esquinzo down to Morro Jable, mid 20’s  no clouds so still hot and sunburn !!

Would be hell of an RS tour to drive down to there !!!   (58 hours ,  2385 miles from my house to our favourite hotel says Google maps)

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

We did 7 holidays to the island of La Plama. One of the most beautiful islands in the canaries sadly now it’s far to difficult to get flights. So tranquil, laidback and easy going places to be. The roads are amazing scenery stunning. Tenerife would be a far better option me thinks ?

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I think esquinzo is the place thats very easy to just drive by as you cruise down the  motorway, will have to pull off and check it out. We found Morro Jable kind of a deserted no-mans place  when we went there, too quiet by far, I think there was a good line of restaurants etc, just that no one was there ! I hate going to places and there are rows and rows of recent built places and not a soul about apart from the odd moggy and bit of brush blowing down the road! Ghost towns innit

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

rog
    Participant

UK - England

Clacton-on-sea anybody?

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Nah, Puerto de la Cruz next week ?

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Bob, is that like the small La Palma ? ha ha ! I think those islands are fine for the odd week or two but I would be going stir crazy after a short while!

Rog actually went to Clacton last year to pick up some bits, it was kind of old fashioned atmosphere and how England sort of was before the invasion ( multiculturalism) took hold !, actually liked the whole area!

Elliot nice one enjoy! my first hol to Tenerife was 1984 and Puerto was where we went, again love the place, no yobs, a nice strip and squares to wander at night etc but I always feel like I’m in the shadow of teide there, the weather is either nice in the morning then it clouds over after lunch, or you get a cloudy morning and eventually the sun comes out later on! Did you ever go when  the front pedestrian bit used to be a proper road? I prefered it then, it seemed to have more life and parking/traffic was not so manic. Oh, and now they have shut down the Caballo Blanco night club downstairs ( proper oldschool spanish club) and that good bar that used to have live music on the corner in that alleyway on main drag to the big square, its all a bit tame there at night now.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Where’s Everyone Gone !!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!