Which remaps are untraceable when removed and put back to stock?

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Which remaps are untraceable when removed and put back to stock?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

blechdosenbill
    Participant

Germany

Nothing happens. Done on wednesday. It does not affect the ignctr !

pjcallow
    Participant

UK - England

I have opted for dream science IMAP. I haven’t tested it on my RS yet as I have a broken ankle 🙁

I previously had DS installed on my focus st and engine blew up. Map removed and taken back to ford and after a couple of months, my car was replaced with a new engine under warranty. (wasn’t serviced by ford so they tried blaming the company who serviced it). No problems with DS and I believe it was the wrong oil was advise in the service book that caused the engine to blow).

I did my own looking into this and I think dream science is the best option. I spoke to the MD of DS a couple of times and confirmed that the ignition count didn’t change on two of the vehicles he had tried. (this has also been confirmed in this forum)

Although I have found some food for thought:

I was posted the following comment from someone when I was speaking about DS IMAP.

“a friends engine let go and they pulled the logs from the RDU and said it was running 80ft lb over standard on such a date at such a time and warranty was void !! The car had previously been mapped but taken off when he had problems, the engine was the latest engine Dec 2017 that had just been replaced due to head gasket”

please note this was from a custom remap not DS. So I’m not sure DS maps would cause this problem but I emailed the MD and got the following response:

The best thing I can say is if your looking for a 100% guarantee that anyone’s map is not detectable that would be impossible as there’s always a way! 

The great advantage most tuners have is the main dealers mostly don’t have a clue what to look for and hence why any warranty rejections are few and far between. But just one if it happens will spread like wild fire

The big thing here is customers are choosing to get more power from their cars and really the onus is on them, all we can do is make things harder for the manufacturers to detect. 

The Ultima 2+ map has a progressive torque build to avoid any “excessively” detectable torque spike but that’s not to say the car could log higher than expected figures as after all it is making more torque and power. 

A car can make a higher torque spike with no map for example if the waste-gate in the turbo were to stay shut, or the actuator failed in a similar manner etc. 

I also suspect here the manufacturers are scare mongering people by leaking these sort of warranty void situations to put the jitters up people so they don’t modify their cars, and as you are testament to first hand it’s working. This is the case in Germany where some dealers are openly advertising that they can detect mapping no matter what to put people off. 

The chances of complete engine failure after the head gasket fix is very remote so I wouldn’t worry, and in about 3 to 4 years all our head gaskets WILL fail again when out of warranty, be it tuned or not as the engine still has the same flaw which causes the head gasket fault, unfortunately the manufacturer has just put a bigger plaster on the same cut we discovered from our testing. 

More details to follow soon on our DRS Dynamic Reinforcement System

Until then just enjoy, or stay standard if you are in two minds, after all said and done it’s your call. “

Just something to be wary of. I still trust DS massively, they sell a great product!

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Can anyone post a link to a decent Bluetooth obd reader please, so many different ones but just want one to work with obd fusion app, cheers all?

lamberps
    Participant

UK - England

I got this one from Amazon :

https://caristaapp.com/adapter

It’s compatible with most phone apps out there, plus has it’s own app that you do have to pay for on subscription but their app allows you to read all of the VW/Audi codes (my daughters car) that you can’t normally get without VAGScan or something, but on a Ford it behaves just like any other OBD adapter.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers pal?

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Just got a cheap obd tool to work with obd fusion on iOS but I can’t connect to it, it should connect via Wi-fi but won’t pick it up, it says the tool is Wi-fi but just won’t work, anyone know which one I can get from amazon that will work with the app?

_Focus_RS_
    Participant

Switzerland

Ford does need a special Adapter for the CAN Bus to can do all the Modules.

The best in my opinion is the OBDLink MX (Bluetooth).

Its a serious Adapter and not just a cheap China clone.

There is also a WiFi Edition but WiFi Adapters does have more problems then the Bluetooth ones, so its not to recommend.

Sampick
    Participant

Canada

Hi!

not sure if it’s been asked before, but I was wondering if the dreamscience tune also works on north american cars?

thanks a lot!

Lotus104
    Participant

Sweden

Hello, I think that Dreamscience is the European partner to SCT in the US / America.

And their programmer is the same as SCT X4 performance programmer.

So I think you need to go to SCT for US cars.

RS Edition , built 13/9-18 , and delivered 9/11-18

Mountune: R.M.M. / Roll restrictor, PTU Brace, Breather plate & Re-circulating valve.

Mishimoto: I/C + pipe kit, Catch can, Blue Aluminum expansion tank

Ford Performance / Remus cat back Exhaust

FSWERKS short shift kit.

quantiTEC Smoked rear lights.

craigyp
    Participant

UK - England

Only thing wrong with ds is that they don’t show any of there new graphs

Smoothound
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Have to say I’m not overly bothered about bits of paper and pdfs. It’s how it drives that I’m interested in ????</p>

Cheers

Phil

RSJAY73
    Participant

UK - England

Ultima 2+ ?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Which remaps are untraceable when removed and put back to stock?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!