Which springs

Home Forums Performance Handling Which springs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

No they didn’t do it, but advised it. So I just booked it in with Dan for this Friday for an alignment setup

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

mmmm … local b-roads ?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I may need to find those B roads again ??

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

Just had a set of H&R lowering springs fitted. Slightly firmer ride but has completely irradicated the cars tendancy for the front end to follow the troughs and cambers in the road. Also had the roll restrictor fitted, on idle and initial puliing away there is a slight increase in vibration but wouldnt notice this when on the move. Also was lucky enough to be able to have the mountune short shift installed (the dealer happened to have 3 in stock) and the gear shift is now even better.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Veering steering changed at all Jason?

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

Oh dont start them off kenny! Ive personally never experienced it, whether thats because of my driving style or i drive like my Nan on the way to church i dont know.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@jasoni – Hmm I’ve not either.We must have similar driving styles. Perhaps we could start giving anti veering steering lessons and even start up our own AVS School of Motoring. Not sure we would get a lot of interest though.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Mountune UK Spec Springs

Features:

Uprated spring poundage
    Front ride height reduction 10mm
    Rear ride height reduction 15mm
    Fully compatible with OE adjustable damper
    Finished in Mountune yellow

Mountune USA Spec Springs

Features:

Optimized spring rate
    Ride height reduction Front 15mm
    Ride height reduction Rear 15mm
    Durable high gloss Black finish                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Fully compatible with OE adjustable damper

So which are the better of the two? If Mountune cant decide on the best spec for the best results for the RS, should they be avoided ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Are these the eibach springs people are using? I didn’t know if there diffent variants? 

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Has anyone looked at the pumaspeed eibach ones? The lower the rear slightly more to give it equal spacing from tyres to arch so looks miles better. I’m just worried that with mud flaps it would scrape too much over bumps etc?

2018 RS Edition

Sherbett
    Participant

UK - Wales

I have the pumaspeed springs on mine and mountune mud flaps I have never had problems with them scraping.They do make the car look nice and low and level . I also have the pumaspeed 12.5mm wheel spacers on aswell which with the springs gives it a great stance.

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Sherbert, I’d fitted the 20mm H&r ones on my last RS but felt it needed to be slightly lower that’s why thinking of pumaspeeds eibachs. Plus it drops the back slightly more to give an Evan stance. you a side view pic you could post? Thanks

2018 RS Edition

Sherbett
    Participant

UK - Wales

Sorry I Can’t work out how to post pictures

Sherbett
    Participant

UK - Wales

Sherbett
    Participant

UK - Wales

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Which springs. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!