Which tyres are best

Home Forums Performance Tyres Which tyres are best

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Robbyrdp1971
    Participant

UK - England

Hi guys

Which are the best brand tyre for the mk 3 rs?

My tears need replacing and can currently see the are Michelin supersports. Do I go with these again?

Thanks

Dazh
    Participant

UK - England

Michelin PS4 S seem to be the popular choice right now 👍🏼

Daz

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

Michelin PS4s

Andy.

Red Edition.

Robbyrdp1971
    Participant

UK - England

Thank you guys appreciated.

👍

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Or PS5 which is out any time now 🤣🤣🤣🤣👍sorry guys could resist 👍

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Ps5 is out 19th November. Can’t wait.

As for the ps4 tyres I have recently put a pair on the rear. Much better than the sport cups I have on the front which are awful in the wet

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve just fitted 4x PS4’s on mine 😥😥I’ll have to wear them out quickly 😂😂

Andy.

Red Edition.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Trouble is because the manufacturers keep changing treads , apparently due to tyre specs to get better wear and grip . Suppose to keep the customers at the forefront of safety , just Money  makin if you ask me . I remember trying to get a new tyre for my Rs mk 1 , because of puncture, said because it’s been 2 years since they bought car out , they have change the tread . Told me I had to change all 4 tyres if I wanted same tread . WHAT YOUR HAVING A LAUGH, I said , luckily I found some original ones , with that in mind I also bought 4 spare for mk3 👌👌👌👍👍👍 But Michelin PS4 seem to be favoured By many at mo .

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

I changed to conti 6’s and they are spot on, big mich fan but side walls better on conti’s 👍

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Ford chose the OE Michelin for good reasons. Read the reviews. They are needed if you use the car properly. Same tread for about ten years I think.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Kr1s ford chose the wrong head gasket also mind! Then the wrong initial fix….. 🤣 Running DS3 on B roads flat out is a good enough test for me! Ill keep the Mich’s for my vans…  If you select a certain level of tyre, across the brands you won’t go wrong 👍

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

If its a dry weather car the Cup 2’s are meant to be best.

I’m interested in trying some Conti 6’s. Ive run them on other cars and they where a massive improvement over the Michelins (not sure which) that where on before. I heard others say they work well with the RS but others have said the walls are too hard causing a bumpy ride???.

Lotus104
    Participant

Sweden

Think I will try out Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport on my next set.

Have been reading very good reviews on them, also has both really good wet and dry grip.

Has anyone on here tried them on the RS?

RS Edition , built 13/9-18 , and delivered 9/11-18

Mountune: R.M.M. / Roll restrictor, PTU Brace, Breather plate & Re-circulating valve.

Mishimoto: I/C + pipe kit, Catch can, Blue Aluminum expansion tank

Ford Performance / Remus cat back Exhaust

FSWERKS short shift kit.

quantiTEC Smoked rear lights.

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

I was going to fit the GY SS but with them being a new tyre I gave them a miss & went for the PS4s.

Andy.

Red Edition.

faber
    Participant

France

for my part PS4 they are really great.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Which tyres are best. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!