Who gone for Devils a 530 package or Sabre 550

Home Forums Performance Engine Who gone for Devils a 530 package or Sabre 550

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 289 total)
  • Author

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

So that graph of mines is basically the Devils 530 but I have used a ported head with oversized valves, piper cams and Syvecs

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

So it made 513.6 at the wheels and roughly 570 bhp at the engine. Torque is coming in low down the revs aswell

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@Brian C

Nice figures 😎

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Thanks @robroy. Have hardly drove it since I’ve got it back home. The Scottish weather has been wet as per usual😢

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The spec from car to car with Devils on AUX fuel varies in regards injectors size.

On mine he recommended 1000cc but on the car above RS04ORD they used 750cc injectors with a bigger turbo.

Maybe as I’m using the stock OEM fuel pump or stubby injectors maybe they have fewer sizes to choose from I really don’t know.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@white-rs2 have you had any problems with your build since finished for instance with the Syvecs or any other issues?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Brian C

Touch Wood no issues with the Devils Build or Syvecs since collection March 2020. I did tidy the wiring up to my liking on the Toucan screen (A must have option) and central fuse box area.

I have had an additional mapping session nothing to do with anything wrong. I wanted to find the actual limits of the Factory clutch and that was around 500 and 515nm.

I have another mapping session to come, I’m using Romain at RaceCal. He maps down south and up north Durham/Darlington (well down south to you) at JM Imports just because its literally hours closer.

Lee is AKA God and Romain is AKA Jesus on Syvecs you cannot get better than either of these two.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

500 bhp 515 nm for clutch limit  i thought it was a little more than that.

I was going to keep mine  standard to start with

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@white-rs2 that’s good to hear that all’s going well😎
    It’s a hell of a drive for me but I’ll definitely be going back to Devils at some point.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@RobRoy

The OEM clutch will take more BHP around 560-580 its the torque that kills it

Both my maps had the torque capped at 513nm of torque due to slip, but with a +77bhp increase between the two maps

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

Rob stock clutch can take 560 hp and 538lbft all day long

with a few adjustments the stock clutch will actually take 684 hp and 584lbft

yes you read that right,  however  with all these things finding limits is first then the design goes into what comes next I.e billet cover plates etc clamping force pedal feel etc

so the stock clutch is absolutely great if everything is brand new , if your already in 20,000 miles or so then it will not last esp when pushing higher numbers

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Nate

You start off with the stock clutch is all wonderful and great numbers then finish with the stock clutch will not last with those great numbers 😂😂😂😂

I reckon your dyno is reading high (I’ve said that before) as on Devils rollers / SRD rollers / RaceCal hub dyno mines started to slip at around 520nm on all 3 and then been backed off to 513.

Also on removal my clutch and pressure plate they where in great shape but the OEM dual mass assembly was / well nearly finished off as it was floppy and loose and rattling near its end of life on a “3000” mile clutch assembly.

As for an older clutch I would think they would take considerably less punishment that a 3k clutch and I think I’m quite mechanically sympathetic so was surprised at the condition of the dual mass assembly.

You really don’t need all that billet dual mass sprinkled with fairy dust just a simple Competition Clutch Stage3 new flywheel, new flywheel bolts, friction plate and pressure plate and that’s all we need on our small big turbo conversion as we aren’t doing 1200bhp. But Ryan at PD tuning might be interested in one as he’s nearly finished his 1000bhp 2.3 RS engine build 👍

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@white-rs2

Surely a clutch is up there on your list of must do’s?, mines a full blown budget build but not scrimped on clutch. 5k tune with a £600 clutch 😆. Before all of the above priority surely should be carbon lined syncs, as they fail… And a clutch rated well above what you can throw at it? Out of all i tried the CC stage 3 was not so good, ACT was by far the worst tho.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

You could also say the same about Syvecs over a £600 Cobb running a minimum of a £6k+ build

I can only go off experience and the Competition Clutch Stage 3 (£750) drives very OEM like, slightly heavier but very OEM in feel and engagement.

I have to agree I’m a big fan of over building that’s why I use 800bhp rated rods in a 600bhp build. but why use a product that can handle at least double my 600 that is an expensive over kill but I’m sure it’ll be an awesome clutch

I don’t know what the rating is on the CC it was recommended as a good Clutch by two tuners Lee at Devils and Adam at Tune+ with the comments it should easily handle that power.

I also have the Carbon lined Syncros since June 2020 but they are still in the box on the shelf in the garage (from Nutron Pro-Moto)) I will get these fitted if and when required but so far the box isn’t showing any signs of possible failure “yet” but they are a known weak point so I expect them to play up in the future.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Who gone for Devils a 530 package or Sabre 550. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!