Who gone for Devils a 530 package or Sabre 550

Home Forums Performance Engine Who gone for Devils a 530 package or Sabre 550

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 289 total)
  • Author

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@robroy my only regret is not going with the garret…. but as i got the Nx2 quiet early on for free* and didn’t know or have much really to compare against at the time….

But i have another plan and build in mind with a garret in a total different location, when i see Nath’s results from his head 😆

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

It certainly  food for thought,  I think the sabre route is going to be 2k more than the devils route , Sabre is external waste gate which I guess is better but more costly , although I can sell my existing sports cat

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@Brian C

Hi Brian

Have you got yours back yet ?

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

No, I’m hoping it will be back in the next couple of weeks. Spoke to them earlier in the week and they said it was jst down to fine tuning now and would be ready soon.
    Can’t wait to see what power it makes and how it feels.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@gm

@nateodog

Did I read somewhere sabre now have flat-out shifting , easy launch control and switchable maps like on the cobb ?

I see there doing etunes too now how are they doing that ?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@robroy I’m there tomorrow 👍

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Do they have the above ?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@robroy Nath’s your best bet, you can have so much and alter so much as its all OEM ecu stuff…. they don’t really advertise that much, as always mental busy…

Flat foot shifting, always available launch control and switchable power with drive modes and an extra custom drive mode is on Nath’s car i believe. Also can do PDC off, keyless off and all the other bits that people charge for the same time.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@RobRoy

If your willing to travel and you want another very good turbo conversion option you must look at Norris Designs (Wiltshire, SN12 6SP) been making big power on the RS for a long time now.

https://www.norrisdesigns.com/proddetail.asp?prod=NDinlet01

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

One of the best thing about the NX2 is it’ll pump you up a 400bhp car or a 650+bhp car and both if mapped right will have almost factory torque from 2200-2500rpm (250-280 torque) which lets it drive very OEM.

Weirdly a lot of guys on the USA forums are running the NX2 on stock blocks on both the RS and the Mustang but limiting power to around 400bhp with torque very similar, just because it drives so well and the size of the NX2 turbo doesn’t mean you have to then buy yet another for more power in the future, they just build their engine and get it properly mapped.

The NX2 is the turbo bargain as was the RS Hot Hatch was a bargain when launched.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

One of the best thing about the NX2 is it’ll pump you up a 400bhp car or a 650+bhp car and both if mapped right will have almost factory torque from 2200-2500rpm (250-280 torque) which lets it drive very OEM.

Weirdly a lot of guys on the USA forums are running the NX2 on stock blocks on both the RS and the Mustang but limiting power to around 400bhp with torque very similar, just because it drives so well and the size of the NX2 turbo doesn’t mean you have to then buy yet another for more power in the future, they just build their engine and get it properly mapped.

The NX2 is the turbo bargain as was the RS Hot Hatch was a bargain when launched.

Definitely not a cheap turbo, that designation should be saved for those Chinese imports for £350.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by white-rs2.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@White-rs2

Thanks for the info , still can’t decide, I do like the idea as you said re having more headroom on the turbo , and if I get any issues devils are very close to me .

Sabre does have a good name , either will do the job
    Still running in at the mo 🥱

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

the nx2 is like ummm… agricultural compared to all the other turbos if you want loads of headroom then go for the g30 770…….

the nx 2 is not fit and forget it requires quite a few changes to make it perfom as everyone would have you believe.

here are some garret sheets

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

this is a borg 7163

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Who gone for Devils a 530 package or Sabre 550. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!