Winter 2020 is on its way

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Winter 2020 is on its way

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 285 total)
  • Author

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Hi there chaps,

Icy north winds are gone. The sun is shining. Perfect day for a blast through the Jura.

Drift mode. Hard dampers (DSC). ESC off. -4 degree. Good power delivery.

Have fun on the road and take care 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one Frenk, but do you drive on the snow like this little GR Yaris?..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

I reckon that the Yaris driver has done that a few times before, super confident steering inputs.

Edition, FPM 375

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah super smooth steering feed in and off, he’s done that route before good piece of driving.

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

This is brilliant! Good man! 🤘

I’d love to test this with my RS, but alas, the roads here around Basel are cleaned way too quickly or are completely barred. And if you try it on a snow covered deserted parking place some moron will surely call the police within 5 minutes 🤣

The only hope I have is to book a safety drive day on snow with the Swiss Touring Club. I did one two decades ago. However, it is expensive, you’ve got always a smart-arse instructor on the walky-talky and to hoon your car is strictly forbidden 🤣🤣🤣

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Looking good @frenk

@bda
    , just seen Carol on BBC breakfast saying it could hit 17. If only we could head to the south coast for a few nights away🤬

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

I am a big fan of Carol. Sometimes I have to replay the weather to actually see why the weather is going to be. It’s like I was there but I wasn’t listening.😁

Edition, FPM 375

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

Edition, FPM 375

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Very nice 😉

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

The USA, Canada are under a massive blanket of snow and could potentially be heading this way

https://thegate.boardingarea.com/unusually-bizarre-travel-alert-february-2021-winter-weather-slams-much-of-the-united-states-and-southern-canada/

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Unusually Texas has been affected

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/piapeterson/snow-in-texas-photographs

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Greece inns not fairing much better

https://youtu.be/n3DVWWXbvJc

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

its true though Bob !!…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Yup you’ve gotta do doughnuts in the snow 😂🤣😂🤣 I would if no one is looking 🙀

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

turbo tone, I think the forecasters have dropped the expected 17c that was supposed to happen, down to 14c on Sunday now !! pooh , must be that Greta bird and her global cooling..

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 285 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter 2020 is on its way. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!