Winter 2020 is on its way

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Winter 2020 is on its way

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 285 total)
  • Author

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Toronto already? Got to call uncle and aunty and cousins then if their park heating works 😄

In Basel we had warm 23 °C yesterday. Patience… We don’t even know whether we can ski with the lockdown measures 🙄

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@frenk, at 23 c you need to slap on the sun tan cream. It looks like Canada as some early snow this year. I’ll have to look at Edmonton where I have some cousins there.

Honorary Member

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

My winter wheels are for sale in the classifieds on here. A real bargain for anyone who has experienced winter tyres and understands what they are worth. Ad updated today and price reduced. I am not giving them away, they are worth a lot more than £750 and I haven’t got a problem putting them back in the loft but they are currently sitting in my garage waiting to be collected or delivered before lockdown, or couriered during. I would rather they were fitted to an RS making the occupants, car and other road users safer. Preventing an accident by using winter tyres is a whole lot smarter and cheaper than damaging your pride and joy or more importantly, the occupants of your car and the car you hit because you couldn’t stop quickly enough at low temperature with wet roads or your car was sliding sideways.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

The snow is 30 cm deep! “China’s coldest town” welcomes the biggest snowfall in the same period in 10 years

China News Service, Daxinganling, November 1 (Wang Ping, Feng Hongwei, reporter Jiang Hui) Starting from the morning of October 31, the “coldest town in China”, Daxinganling, Huzhong District, Heilongjiang Province, began to snow continuously. As of 8 o’clock on November 1, The precipitation in Huzhong District is 18.2 mm, and the depth of local snow cover is 30 cm. The current snowfall is still China News Service, Daxinganling, November 1 (Wang Ping, Feng Hongwei, reporter Jiang Hui) Starting from the morning of October 31, the “coldest town in China”, Daxinganling, Huzhong District, Heilongjiang Province, began to snow continuously. As of 8 o’clock on November 1, The precipitation in Huzhong District is 18.2 mm, and the depth of local snow cover is 30 cm.

The current snowfall is still continuing. The local meteorological department stated that this snowfall is the biggest snowfall in Huzhong District since this autumn and the biggest snowfall in the same period in 10 years.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

First snowfall in Halifax causes commuter chaos

The first snowfall of the year happens, well, every year. But even though it’s inevitable, many drivers are still caught off guard. There were several multiple-vehicle collisions across Halifax on Tuesday afternoon as motorists manoeuvred slick roads, including one that had the Macdonald Bridge closed in both directions. Halifax Regional Police tweeted they were on scene of a multiple-vehicle collision on the bridge at 3:30 p.m., but no one was injured. The bridge reopened just before 6 p.m. with heavy traffic in both directions. The MacKay Bridge was also temporarily closed after an 18-wheeler became stuck. The truck eventually made its way off the bridge, allowing traffic to flow again in both directions, according to Halifax Harbour Bridges.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Alberta yesterday

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

So beautiful. I’m longing for it. I think I’ll pour me a Balvenie Triple Cask tonite 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@frenk, very nice 👍

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

It’s getting closer

Heavy snowfall hits northern Spain

Honorary Member

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by bobcat.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat, our very own John Ketteley

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@v8griff, ha ha ha thanks. Get the polish out ready for winter guys. I’m not predicting anything but early indications are that the U.K. could/might see a dusting of the white stuff mid December only to get milder and wet for Christmas.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

One of the snow reports services I look at…

https://www.snow-forecast.com/overviews/tips_full

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 285 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter 2020 is on its way. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!