Winter 2021/2022

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Winter 2021/2022

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • Author

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Must be the global warming that’s causing all this snow Bobcat!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@paul-m, ha ha ha  you could be on to something there 🤔 OR it could be something to do with the next three moon phases, November is Beaver Moon ( first of the frost moon phases) January is Wolf Moon, February is Snow Moon (the bringer of frosts and snow). I have no way of knowing if any of it is true but that’s what old tales and fable say😯

Honorary Member

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Hey bobcat didn’t know you Know my misses old fable, I mean mable 🤣🤣🤣

Pauly Paul
    Participant

As always bobcat a detailed forecast , how things with you keeping well I hope 👍👍

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@pauly paul, I’m Ok have good days and not so good days thanks for asking 👍

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Winter weather update, whilst there are places that have had snow and cold weather there’s no significant amounts that is coursing any problems. Predictions are the weather is likely to get worse early/mid November…….. watch this space 👍

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@bobcat: I am a bit disappointed to be honest. I have been driving the Alpin Pilot 5 for four weeks now in the hope to encounter at least some winter conditions. I even crossed the Alps at high altitude (Gotthard, San Bernardino) and traveled along the Italian Apennines. No snow as far as the eye can see. Some promising -1 °C in the early morning developed into a fantastic sunny indian summer afternoon with 20 °C. At least we enjoyed the aperitivo on the piazza every day.
    The tyres are still brilliant after 2600 km, but I think my timing was rather poor this year. Last year, when I was in Saas Fee in mid September, we had 1 foot of fresh snow on the road (Grand Saint Bernard) and chaos all over the place. Next time we might be more lucky. Cheers 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

frenk my dad didn’t have alpin 5s on his Ford 100E up the St Gotthard Pass ! back in the day, just little 4 inch crossplies, 34 bhp and a flask of tea!!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@71-bda: Yes, driving across the Alps was a real adventure those days. I remember the Tremola, the cobblestone paved road on the Gotthard which is still open besides the fast road. I once tried it with my Mondeo at 50 km/h – a real nightmare suspensionwise…

BTW: On this trip I had about 7 refills with my RS. I observed the following behaviour:
    Italian motorway service areas are build such that you park your car first and go to the bathroom, have a coffee and refill your car afterwards. The car stays still for at least 20 minutes. When filling the empty tank to the automatic stop and with two good top-ups the engine will start immediately without cranking…

Anyway, tomorrow she’s going into the shop for preparation for the MOT on Wednesday. Hopefully, I will know more about the fuel tank ventilation.

Cheers 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one Frenk !! just seen our lads are busy putting the clock back an hour still…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Frenk, sorry to disappoint, the world weather is not playing ball. The forecast is cool/cold and wet for the next 10/15 days for Europe, even Northern China which is normally well below minus with several centimetres of snow is late this year. Hopefully by next week there’ll be more to report 😸👍

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, ha ha ha like it 👍

Honorary Member

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Need plenty of light as well for the dark evenings.

Now where did I put the 48v 27,000 A jump leads, after I left the lights on for 2 mins

May the Ford be with you

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@yorkirs, that’s alorra lot of lights, might get glare back in the fog😹😹😹

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

This threads gone slightly off track already😂😂

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter 2021/2022. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!