Winter 2021/2022

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Winter 2021/2022

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Pyrenees yesterday

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

And Scotland today

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Birmingham today

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

And

Honorary Member

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Well, my neighbour and myself now share a large garden after last nights storm took the fence down. My responsibility = more expense 🙄

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@elliot, did you get some snow as well ?

Honorary Member

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Yes bob, about 2 inch. Frozen over now, treacherous underfoot.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Elliot, thanks for the update. No snow here (Norfolk) but icy and slippery roads tonight 👍

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@bobcat: Hi there bobcat!

I thought you might be wondering how the winter is around Basel. I had no picture ready so I thought I upload a video instead that I knocked together from my dashcam. This shows my way to work this morning, in track mode, double video speed.
    I added some music just to spice up the experience.

Enjoy, Cheers 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Frenk, thanks for the fantastic video epic driving and what you can/can’t see great scenery 😸👍

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Austria
    Saturday will see a band of rain/snow move across Austria from west to east, though some parts of the south (Carinthia) will stay mostly dry. The rain/snow limit will start low, especially in some enclosed valleys, but will raise towards 1000m later, possibly as high as 1300m in some exposed north-western parts of the Austrian Alps (e.g. Vorarlberg) On Sunday, it will turn much colder, with mostly cloudy skies and generally light flurries to low levels here and there. Temperatures will remain cold on Monday, with snow flurries confined to the northern parts of the Austrian Alps, with fewer flurries the further south you are, and plenty of sunshine expected in the Osttirol and Carinthia.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

France
    Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with rain/snow across the northern two-thirds of the French Alps and only the far south staying dry. The rain/snow limit will rise to 1500m or more across some areas exposed to the north and west (e.g. Portes du Soleil), but will remain a bit lower in the more enclosed valleys (e.g. Haute-Tarentaise) before lowering everywhere again overnight. Sunday will be much colder, with snow showers to 400-600m across the northern half of the Alps. The southern French Alps (roughly south of Grenoble) will see fewer flurries, with lots of sunshine in the far south. By Monday most regions will be dry with sunny spells, though a few flurries are still possible to low levels across some northern parts of the French Alps.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Italy
    On Saturday a band of patchy rain/snow will move east across the Italian Alps, reaching the Dolomites late in the day, although the far south-west (e.g. Prato Nevoso) may stay mostly dry. The rain/snow limit will be very variable, potentially at 1200-1400m in some more exposed parts of the west, but lower in enclosed valleys and the eastern Italian Alps. Sunday will be colder with a few flurries to low levels close to some border areas, especially in Aosta. For most of the Italian Alps it will be dry though, if rather cold, with variable cloud cover and some sunny spells. Monday will be cold, and mostly dry and sunny, with just a few clouds (and the odd flake of snow) in some high border areas.

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter 2021/2022. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!