Winter is on its way

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Winter is on its way

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 181 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Norway yesterday

https://youtu.be/XVq3gQqeGDk

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

A major storm system that’s hitting the Western side of Europe is bringing heavy snow to the Alps and Pyrenees. Snow forecasting agencies have been going big on what they’re forecasting the storm to dump on ski slopes by the time it blows through on Tuesday/Wednesday, with some resorts predicted to get more than a metre of snow in total up high. Val Thorens, which is due to open in just under three weeks’ time, posted the picture top at first light this morning, and the video below this afternoon. Currently there are 16 ski areas already open for winter 19-20 in the alps, most of them with glaciers. Several were closed because of the storm today, which sometimes has strong winds as well as the heavy snowfall giving blizzard conditions.  There have only been a few small snow storms, heaviest in the Central and Eastern Alps, over the past few months, so the forecast big accumulations will be welcomed by resorts already open once the weather clears, and those opening later this month.

Honorary Member

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by bobcat.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I think its time for the winter tyres.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner, don’t think it’ll be long before you have to fit them. Hoping that it doesn’t get that bad here and snow will be in short supply.

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat

Well I always prepare my car for winter use, but it does get used less when the weather is poor. But if there’s a lot of snow it will be coming out more often.

Coastliner

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Thanks Bob. Better get the breakdown squad out, get me rolling on…

Yep, winter tyres booked for next monday. Here we expect snow this weekend down to 600 metres. Hope to hit a snowy spot for some drift doughnuts this year 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Oh, and by the way: my carving skis need a service, too. They drive like my RS 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Had the RS out today and the temp never got above 4 degs The RS was fantastic, must confess I didn’t push it to much ? Now it needs a clean ?

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@frenk, hope you can post some pics when the snow arrives ?

Honorary Member

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

Bob, I’d forgotten that you are a  weather watcher and like to keep us abreast of whats coming. I like to follow the adage that there is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing. My winter wheels and tyres were fitted last Tuesday. I’so m looking forward to driving on them as they were brilliant last winter. Look forward to your bulletins.

Edition, FPM 375

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

?

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

-7.1 c for Scotland last night Brrr that’s cold

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter is on its way. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!