Winter is on its way

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Winter is on its way

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 181 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Heavy snow in Alps causes avalanches and travel disruptions
    Schools and roads were closed on Monday in parts of Austria as heavy snow and rain cause disruption across the Alpine region. Two women were rescued by firefighters after their houses were destroyed in a mudslide. Two women had to be rescued by firefighters after their houses were destroyed in a mudslide in a town near Salzburg, Austrian news agency APA reported. One of them was rescued almost immediately, another only after several hours. Both were hospitalized. Over thirty people were evacuated from their homes in the region of Styria amid concerns over landslides, while the residents of 15 buildings in Carinthia were evacuated as the nearby Gurk river threatened to burst its banks.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Austria 3days ago

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

just looking at those photos makes me feel cold Bob !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Time to wrap up and keep warm or better still jet off to somewhere warm for 3 months. I hate snowy cold weather brrrr?

Honorary Member

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Ooops

Hope they got out quick.

May the Ford be with you

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Oh my goodness, I hope they got out too ???

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

I have just ordered a set of Winter Boots for the RS they are in bound this week, just need to source a decent place to fit them.

5 x Nokian Snow-Proof – 152.00 a Tyre.

Beats paying – National Tyre 285.00 for the Winter Sottozero 3  – per Tyre to be fitted – Robbing F****rs.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Would like to see some pics when fitted ?

Honorary Member

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t panic Mr Topcat i will send when fitted.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

It was a good meeting some of the gang turned up, hopefully there’ll be another meet up some others will join in ha ha ha

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

Haha… That’s hilarious mate!! ??.
    Look at little @gm , lol…. ??.
    Quality!! Nice one.. ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, you’ve got to have a laugh. Cheer things up on winters day ?

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’ve also ordered some winter boots!! The RS managed ok the last 2 winters but thought I’d get some this year and see how they perform. I’m not expecting a lot of snow but I’m hoping to see a big difference in wet and dry handling/braking at lower winter temps. After much research and deliberation I opted for the Vredestein Wintrac Pro which have had some great write ups. £146 a tyre. I’ve just had an email saying they’ve been dispatched so I should expect them later this week.

@bobcat

Rest easy mate, I shall upload some pics when fitted, if the site allows me, lol!! ?.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter is on its way. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!