Winter Tyre and Wheel package

Home Forums Performance Tyres Winter Tyre and Wheel package

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Digger
    Participant

United Kingdom

Good Evening,

Has anybody out there gone for a Winter Tyre and Wheel package, will an 18” wheel clear the front brakes ?

I use my RS all year round and am thinking of getting some winter tyres and wheels rather than just tyres to save time and preserve my original wheels, I found some wheels that look very similar to my original Ford Forged wheels, I think they’re Rotella, any feedback would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

minimace
    Participant

United Kingdom

I have been thinking about it, I think these would look good but not sure if they would fit?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222328755665

aardvark
    Participant

UK - England

Rochford tyres have a set for sale , tested on 2016 RS and only £669. Description on ebay “Calibre Winter Alloy Wheels & Snow Tyres 18” For Ford Focus RS [Mk3] 16-16 item number is 391619745390

They do other designs at slightly higher price but a full set of winter tyres and wheels for £669 has got to be worth going for. I only hope they still have some in March next year when I get my retirement dosh and I will put away in the garage til Winter 2017.

Digger
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks Keith, that’s the sort of money I can justify, I will have a look

magnetic_grey
    Participant

UK - England

hi ,did you get any winter wheels and tyres ? if so did they fit ok and have you any pictures as I am wanting to get some because cup2 s are like skis ..lol

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Yes an 18” wheel will do just fine for a winter wheel or a day tracking it as plenty of tyre choice at the 18” size.

Ford offer The RS Winter Tyre & Wheel Package includes an 18-inch Unique-RS Sparkle Silver Alloy Wheels & 18-inch Michelin® Pilot Alpin PA4 Tyres about £2k

https://shop.ford.com/build/focus/#/config/Config%5B%7CFord%7CFocus%7C2018%7C1%7C1.%7C.P3T…..HAT.76C.GAS.RET.RS.~FOCUS-RS.%5D

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

magnetic_grey
    Participant

UK - England

2k is a bit pricey , seen the ones on ebay wheel and tyre £650 upwards , they will be budget tyres though but ok for winter use , just wondered if anyone had them on and pics ..

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

I’d be a bit dubious about driving on cheap tyres personally.

Had a bad experience on budget tyres once.

magnetic_grey
    Participant

UK - England

yes your probably right , I may just get some tyres on my forged alloys .. kumo do some for £130 each

Beavis
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I had Kumho’s on my Fiesta ST ( not winter tyres , just replacements) and they were shit. Very little grip , I wouldn’t recommend them.

Adamski996
    Participant

Canada

Being in Canada, Ford throws in the winter and tyre package as part of the purchase of the car. So I can say from experience ,that the traction is fantastic, just waiting for the nearby lake to freeze over to do some proper drifting.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter Tyre and Wheel package. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!