Winter tyre suggestion anybody?

Home Forums Performance Tyres Winter tyre suggestion anybody?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Hi there chaps

I have been driving on Michelin Supersports during summer until I mounted the Pilot Sport 4S. That was a quantum leap in performance.

Similarly, I have been driving Pirelli Sottozero 3 in winter. Is there an actual winter tyre that outperforms this Pirelli? Any suggestions? Maybe some personal experience from our scandinavian or canadian friends?

Cheers, drive safe 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Frenk, I have the Michelin Alpin PA 4. They are on a spare set of forged alloys and go on the car 1st November to 1st April. The grip in the cold and wet is absolutely amazing.

Edition, FPM 375

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@andy-k: Thank you very much indeed. 👍

The selection of a Michelin tyre follows a certain logic since their summer tyre is so brilliant. And the model “Alpin” is promising for the Swiss topography 😀

I have my winter tyres also on spare 18″ rims. Will make an appointment with my dealer around 1st october.

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

P.S. This is the look with the Pirellis on BBS rims. I trust the Michelins will look gorgeous, too 😉

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve run Sottozeros on Fiestas and they are a fantastic tyre. Running Michelin Alpins on the RS, primarily because it was the tyre Ford offered as a winter tyre option. Should see another winter before I have to consider a change.

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Alpins on my RS for the winter up here in North Yorkshire.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Cheers guys.

Car is booked for october 4th with Ford’s. The owner’s son just called me mentioning that the new Alpin 5 is out and replaces the 4:

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Michelin/Pilot-Alpin-5.htm

So that’s the way to go then. I’ll report soon, hopefully from the Gotthard. Drive safe 😎

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter tyre suggestion anybody?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!