Winter tyres What

Home Forums Performance Tyres Winter tyres What

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I’m asking the question on behalf of @wheely,

What winter tyres are you using

What wheel/size of wheels

What are your views/opinions

Thanks in advance for @wheely?

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Standard set up mine just mindful not to take it out below +5 C

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Davanti Wintertech same size as standard tyres fitted from factory. Although we haven’t had any of the white stuff this year, last year we did and the car is transformed its like a range rover with off-road tyres compared to the standard tyres. Sure footed pulls up in a very short distance. The only downside when pushing on that the weather is not so slippery and icy the winter tyres don’t perform as well as OEM tyres. I am talking about 7 degrees C and above and dry roads.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@wheely @bobcat incorporated!! Lol!!

Vredestein Wintrac Pro’s. Ultra High Performance Winter Tyre. Standard size, 235/35/19. Extra load, so a hard sidewall like my summer Michelin PS4S’s. My local tyre place had a hell of a job fitting these coz of the sidewalls being so hard!! I’m contemplating leaving them on these wheels and getting new wheels for summer tyres.

Not seen much snow with these yet but in the cold and wet they are awesome!! Absolutely Belting about the Highlands with these on. ????????. Hopefully see some snow soon coz they’ll probably be coming off next time home!!

Downside, like @coastliner has said, they don’t like warm days!! I went out blasting one day and it was around 12’C and the car was all over the place in the warm temps and dry roads!! That was pushing HARD like!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Forgot to say, they also have a Rim protector

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

One pic at a time now, lol!!

Cheers, Marc.

tabzz
    Participant

UK - England

Pirelli Sottozero 3, same 19″ size as my summer tyres. At 6c and below (colder the better) the tyres are great and don’t miss a beat. Unfortunately we’ve been having a lot of warm weather (12c, the other day) and they’re not a fan of warmer temps. They will do the job and I think are a bit better in the rain then the Michelin PSS, in the dry and warm though they aren’t at their best. I had the pirelli’s in the snow the other day and they were amazing, suddenly I understood the benefit of winter tyres.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Michelin Alpins on standard forged rims. As previous posts, very good in rain and snow. Not fitted them this year, need to get another set of rims to make the changeover much easier.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Has anyone tried any other make/combo

Honorary Member

mark-250
    Participant

United Kingdom

I have Kumho winter craft on forged wheels.

I have been using them for 2 winters now seem really good unfortunately not tried them in proper snow but rain and cold weather they are good.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@mark-250, Thanks for the update. Maybe you’ll get the chance to try them out this winter

Honorary Member

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter tyres What. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!