Work in progress

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Work in progress

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

My rs having the sports springs fitted by cuff miller in littlehampton sussex

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

Looks amazing

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Interested to hear your thoughts on how they improve the ride??

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Yes me interested too! ‘sports springs’ always used to suggest a higher spring rate/harder ride, they look linear rate springs to me rather than progressive so I’m guessing they should be softer as that’s what a lot of folk seem to want?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Mark Edwards
    Participant

UK - England

If these are the mountune ones I have them. They almost completely remove the choppyness (not sure if that is a word) from the drive. Only though would be they could lower the back ones a bit more so it looks even.

Mark

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I like the ‘arse in the air’ stance !! It probably levels out with a full tank of gas and a chubby passenger in the back !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

Lol just a fat bastard

MR G
    Participant

UK - England

The effect is actually more dramatic in terms of levelling the ride height out than I thought.

Having tried the ride with the springs I have to say it massively improves the bobbing/chopping motion when travelling along a dual carriage way.

Perhaps less forgiving around town, but better to have the bump then the bounce I reckon.

adh1964
    Participant

UK - Wales

looking good sennaboy

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

very pleased with the result it has vastly improved the ride much less of that bouncy feel as you go over bumps

And the car feels more planted as you take the corners And it seems to hold it self better when heavy acceleration from a standing start

some more photos with the last one showing the improved stance

Big thanks to Michael gates and the crew at cuff miller little Hampton sussex 345 springs and fitted very good value

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Work in progress. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!