Yaris GR Warranty

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Yaris GR Warranty

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Coastliner

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Very good. Think thats the same as you get on the hyundai i30n. If only we got similar on the RS. Would probably make for bankrupt

440bhp

443lbft

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

It’s like Landrover vehicles,you only get 3 years warranty yet your paying on average 80k per vehicle,ive had 7 Rangerover sports in the last 10 years yet you get the likes of Hyundai giving 7 years warranty.Goes to show who has confidence in their vehicles.

Andy.

Red Edition.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Its not the 5 years warranty I was posting for more the track use. Can you imagine having a claim on the RS after you had taken it on track and blown the engine.

Coastliner

Hammy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

All this bullshit of tracks they are roads like any other.

More to the point a ex copper thinking he is superior than every body.” No not the warranty the track part”. You will never have none of your cars on a track so why bring it up, clearly a total tool like every other copper jog on.

Great car, fail of a owner = sad little Yaris.

• Magnetic, Forge wheels, Edge Protectors , Lux Pack & Recaro Shell Seats
    • Dreamscience Imap Ultimate 3+
    • Dmb Gel Badges Nitrous Blue
    • Rallyflapz Kaylan Black 
    • Team Heko Wind defectors Dark 
    • Dreamscience turbo back exhaust with race car.
    • Airtec SSC Black
    • Airtec Stage 2 Air Intake Black & Nitrous Blue 
    • Airtec Rear Diffuser Black 
    • ST suspension 12.5mm spacers
    • Forge recirculating valve
    • yellow fog lights 
    • Airtec Nitrous Blue rear diff cooler 
    • 10% tint on rear lights 
    • Satin black window louver vents
    • Airtec short shifter set @ 40%
    • Valve delete mod
    • Bonnet struts 
    • Solid shifter bushes 
    • 1 step colder spark plugs NGK 
    • Engine dress up screw kit
    • body colour coded washer jets 
    • Airtec intercooler
    • Airtec boost pipes
    • Clubsport 4 point roll cage in nitrous blue
    • 3 point securon harness x2 
    • Driver side JCR lowered seat rail 

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ha ha ha “tracks are like roads”   lets just compare the the HARD 500 + laps of Goodwood  that berk Markcup70 for instance has done with the usage the average ‘fast car’ gets used on the road ! just the odd little tear up is NO WAY the same as even one fast lap on a track ! Where on the street do you get to go flat in all the gears  like Mark does in his BMW lap after lap, track day after track day? Anyone that has a slightly older car will tell you that you may think your car is reliable and tough on the road, but go and do a track day in it and you soon discover faults and failures and breakdowns ! Marks crankshaft and pistons etc have been more stressed and possibly worn than a comparable car that has not been tracked, his may say 50000 miles , but the wear and tear and stress has probably made it the equivalent of an 80000 miler thanks to his thrashing of it.

Coast , I think that looks like a brilliant warranty and big ballsy of Toyota !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

oh, and I do not know any performance engine builders that warrant their engines for competition use! Toyota are covering “track days and SIMILAR events”  !!  Blinding !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Wow bda if some peoples brains were made of dynamite it wouldn’t blow their cap off.

Coastliner

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Coast…seems like you either work for Toyota or this is your next motor😂😂…we all know the reliability these Jap cars are known for but to cover the “track use” (as, let’s face it, it’s what these cars are made for) says a lot about the confidence in their engineering!

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Definitely puts Fords warranty to shame, especially considering  Ford don’t seem to want to  honour what they’ve given sometimes.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@paul-m

Its the point I was making can you imagine doing a track day in the RS and having the car trailered in with a blown engine and telling the receptionist you had done it at Croft circuit over the weekend.

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@hitch6742

Not don’t work for Toyota in fact only owned an MR2 Mk1 in 2ooo my one and only jap car, but yes have ordered one. But more importantly the RS is staying.

Coastliner

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner

I can imagine and it doesn’t bear thinking about!!

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

No one goes back to the manufacturer with warranty issues do they ?
    we all go see our dealer.
    I’m lucky my Ford dealer is friendly and helpful and family run and def covers trackdays.
    my Toyota dealer isn’t happy about trackdays. It’s a financial machine not a proper car dealer. Would want to know “ why the car was being used vigorously “. Also he would want to be informed of each trackday done!  Pointed out that any overuse causing wear and tear isn’t covered and three cylinder engines wear out quicker.
    put me off.
    I will review  my test drive on the other thread or else the “thread police “ will be after me 😩

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Let me put it into context,  one of my past jobs had me working in the same department as the ex Ford chief engineer of Performance Ford, who was responsible for our RS.   On me mentioning I had FPM375 fitted to mine,  he replied “oh don’t take it on a track then….. they are on the limit”

I don’t believe Ford marketing people understood their customers and the RS brand and didn’t let the engineers develop what they and we wanted. It should have been forged from the factory.  I guess unlike previous RS cars the Mk3 wasn’t developed to go racing or born from it…. sadly it shows.

Its crazy though, as when Ford builds an RS and gets it even half right they sell and become iconic.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Yaris GR Warranty. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!