Annoying Misfire I can’t find or fix

Home Forums Performance General Annoying Misfire I can’t find or fix

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Steve Kozian
    Participant

UK - England

Is there a way to post videos? I’ve tried three times and it doesn’t give me an error message but the post just doesn’t appear??

It’s a link to the running issue I’ve got and posted a video on YT

Insta – KozyonCars

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Steve Kozian.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

is this the one ?

Honorary Member

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by bobcat.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Obviously not 😂😂😂😂😂

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Please give me a clue and I’ll post it for you

Honorary Member

Steve Kozian
    Participant

UK - England

Haha sorry dude no.

It’s under my insta tag KozyonCars

“Mystery engine issues Focus RS mk3”

If you can post it. Appreciate it.

Insta – KozyonCars

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks @lucky, 👍

Honorary Member

Steve Kozian
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks guys appreciate it.

Insta – KozyonCars

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

cylinder 3 doesnt appear to be doing much !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I thought that BDA, it seems to be hunting as opposed to what you would normally expect with a misfire. Certainly none standard induction.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yup, looks like air leak, wonder if theres an air leak on cylinder 3 inlet manifold where it joins the head? spray some wd40 all round the manifold where it joins the head while its running and see if revs alter…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Steve Kozian
    Participant

UK - England

The misfire went away for a couple of weeks and then this started. But did note myself that cylinder 3 was doing very little when I watched it back. Number 1 also seemed little difference.

It started just being intermittent. Now it’s guaranteed every time I drive. But only once it’s up to temp. Cold nothing happens.

I’ll give the wd a go now and see what happens.

Insta – KozyonCars

Steve Kozian
    Participant

UK - England

So… Checked with wd and a little soapy water as well for good measure. No bubbles on either front. So can’t see any obvs vac leaks.

I have ordered a new vac pump and brake booster vac line as the idle is alerted/interrupted by the brake pedal and the pump is noisy.

Other than that. Right now it seems to me to be coils. I can uplug cylinder 3. It either doesn’t change when I unplug it or doesn’t change when I plug it back in. So I’ll do those….again. I’ve gone back to OEM. As been told that’s the best for the car before. I figured NGK would be fine. Maybe not.

Once I’ve redone plugs and coils and vac pump/line. I will reassess and post back.  Parts should be here before Friday.

What a PITA lol

Insta – KozyonCars

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

no Steve, you dont get bubbles. What happens is the liquidyou spray gets sucked into the air leak and the revs rise momentarily while the seal is temporarily restored. You normally spray inlet manifolds and bases of carbs with something that will burn so it goes in the combustion chamber and burns so the increse in revs is clear. water doesnt really get the same result. If the coil packs are swappable maybe put pack 3 in cyl 2 and then see if cyl 2 doesnt do much and three should be working like 2 was. if you get me

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Steve Kozian
    Participant

UK - England

Well learn something new every day lol.

Regardless. No change to revs or the way the car was running when I did it. Completely unchanged.

New plugs and coils arrived today. So I’ll fit them so I know they are at atleast all Ford OEM and running correctly.

Insta – KozyonCars

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Annoying Misfire I can’t find or fix. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!