Boot Lock

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Boot Lock

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Wondering if anyone has had an issue with their boot randomly opening?

I’ve changed the boot opening switch on the boot but the fault is still there, I’ve also took the car out a drive with the spare keys and again the boot opens whilst driving.
    Recently the boot has been opening when the car is parked up and it’s draining the battery.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Brian, not really sure what the answer is but check the wiring in the boot and see if it has any water on it ……. If you might have opened the tailgate whilst it was raining. Alternatively you could try and reset the central locking system and see if that helps. Firstly unlock the car with the key fob, then open drivers door next rear driver passage door, tailgate, rear passenger door, front passenger door. Press unlock on the fob, close front passenger door then rear door, then tailgate, rear driver passenger door then drivers door……… Using the fob or the lock button on the drivers door press it THREE times in quick succession, listening for the central locking system to activate. Open as you would normally and take it for a test drive. Good luck 👍

Honorary Member

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@Brian – “You cannot be serious” I hear you say. Oh yes he is and it works, apparently.😂

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by tonys.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Brian C, have you had any luck in finding an answer 👍

Honorary Member

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

The head gasket went on it just after I posted this🙈 so I have been busy stripping and rebuilding it, finished it last night so I’ll give it a try today🤞🏻

Thanks

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Brian, oh no what bad luck 😫hope all goes well 👍

Honorary Member

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@Brian c

Christ you not had much luck with your car , what caused that do you reckon ?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Brian, how’s the car, head gasket ok, have you got the boot lock sorted out 👍

Honorary Member

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Sorry I’ve not replied earlier.

head gasket sorted and your trick with the central locking @bobcat seems to have worked😁 your cheque is in the post.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Brian, so pleased you got it sorted 🙂👍 to use a quote “ make mine a Whisky” 🤣

Honorary Member

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Boot Lock. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!