Hi from Wales

Home Forums General Newbie Hi from Wales

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Michael Lynes
    Participant

UK - Wales

My first memory of an RS was my dad’s RS1600i in red ๐Ÿ™‚. To honour my late father, I’m a proud owner of a Red Edition Focus RS. Question for everyone. Have any of you had trouble with the front grill rusting? Is there any alternative? Thanks for any response. Mike

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome @Michael, first of all any pictures please, secondly there is a thread on here. When I get a moment I will have a look and see if I can find it ๐Ÿ‘

Honorary Member

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@Michael, a warm welcome to the forum.

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Michael.
    well done on using a memory of your late father.
    I learnt in my dadโ€™s three speed Anglia , later I crashed his 1600E, and the whole family went through over a dozen Capris.
    youโ€™ve made me remember why I like Fords!

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one @michael, what a special car that will be for you

think people are buying ones off ali express and treating them so no rust, Sir Bobcat will find it the legend that he is ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK ย โ€“ Mountune full Induction โ€“ delete valve plug โ€“ carbon knob โ€“ JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm โ€“ black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS โ€“ TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Michael, I havenโ€™t found the thread but Iโ€™ve found this if itโ€™s any help

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Michael, I have found what I thought that related to your question, but it is not the main intake grill.

Honorary Member

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Powdercoat it? I will be doing that for mine as we have a booth at work and need to do my dust shields as well as ones I got from Ford ainโ€™t great

Other suggestion seen people use VHT expoxy black

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK ย โ€“ Mountune full Induction โ€“ delete valve plug โ€“ carbon knob โ€“ JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm โ€“ black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS โ€“ TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hi from Wales. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!