NEW FORD MUSTANG® GTD; The one to own.

Home Forums General Non RS Chat NEW FORD MUSTANG® GTD; The one to own.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The Ford Mustang® GTD, street-legal, track-ready, supercar. Supercharged 5.2L V8 engine, delivering over 800 horsepower†. Carbon-fibre bodywork, semi-active suspension and drag reduction system. Unapologetic Mustang styling. Supercar power with Mustang soul.

BEYOND RACING SUSPENSION TECHNOLOGY
    Display-worthy, semi-active suspension and hydraulic control system, visible, and adjustable, through the rear window. Drive the Mustang® GTD to the track, then lower it to competition height.

UNBRIDLED PERFORMANCE
    Ford Mustang GTD is a supercar with a 5.2l V8 engine, 8-speed dual-clutch transmission, targeting up to 800 horsepower†. Designed for street and track, it features race-inspired suspension, a dynamic aero rear wing for control, and near 50/50 weight distribution for exceptional handling and performance.

MAGNESIUM WHEELS
    An ideal combination of weight anddurability. Mustang GTD wheels are combined with 325mm front and 345mm rear tyres. Track-ready capability and standout looks.

CARBON FIBER BODY
    Extensive use of carbon body panels reduces weight, lowers the centre of gravity, and improves responsiveness and performance.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

it will be built in limited numbers from late next year and priced from around  £234,000.
    Wow that’s a lot of money……….. but then it’s a lot of car

Honorary Member

hocus-pocus
    Participant

UK - England

Very impressive. Thought it might be in my price range but absolutely not.

paul-m-2
    Participant

UK - England

Nice little Runaround!

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Impressive, looks like a viper crossed with the recent mustang.

May the Ford be with you

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve got my name down but not sure if its ‘too American’ for here in the UK, its a big lump for a and b roads, more suited to autobahns and freeways I think. Needs to be seen in the skin before dropping dough on it. and.. do they do WHITE or RACE RED ?? !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

bagsy first tourist ride please

May the Ford be with you

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

well done Bob ! maybe looks best in the grey after all ! IF I get one yorks, you would be more than welcome ! Trouble is I have no room in my garage, I need to find a house with a large garage or room to build/extend, plus theres the worry of “will it be a white elephant in the UK, will its value drop badly being a right hand drive one in UK, and do I really want to spend Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo money on a Ford !!?? I was keen when it was first announced and the first email came back from Ford last year, but now, I’m not sure I like the look of it either ! and will it actually do a sub 7 min Nordschleiffe? it certainly needs to and should be in the 6 min 50 range I’d hope !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Do they do a motorhome version cos I would have to sell the house to afford one?

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ha ha ha, noo Steve, you have to live in the mini innitt!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Is this Mustang faster than Ford’s actual Supercar the GT (40) as it’s a lot more powerful than the GT some 150 horsey powers more.
    Its also considerably cheaper as the GT is some £350-400k isn’t it ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Chap I know has a “normal” ‘Stang …. slapped a charger on it for 800 horses and can’t keep it in a straight line!…..  That’s before it rains.

Blew his cats out, so it sounds epic !

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Interesting read , so they can produce a super car with over 800 bhp , with a v8 engine I was just wonder what the emissions are , And they scrapped any more RSs , So price takes president over loyalty hmmm ,I suppose super rich already have fords  order books filled .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to NEW FORD MUSTANG® GTD; The one to own.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!