NEW FORD MUSTANG® GTD; The one to own.

Home Forums General Non RS Chat NEW FORD MUSTANG® GTD; The one to own.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

They have not opened the order books for Europe yet, thats coming in July.  I wont be taking my application any further especially now it seems it will have to have the soppy speed limiter fitted !

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/drivers-given-final-warning-as-speed-limiters-fitted-to-cars-in-new-law/ar-BB1nxlLD?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=7ecdd57bc6dd41bcf816008e0d96dc30&ei=13&sc=shoreline

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

I’m sure someone will be able to override it, the guy who can will be in huge demand 😎. Come on Mike prove your a big spender and order one

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

So from a reputable source below the limiter will just work same as current stop/start that you can turn off… if you couldn’t it would kill the performance car market. MSD can sort this already on the stop/start so it’s always off…. Sure they can do same with this limiter…

So Michael no excuses now, come on Mr Big Money Balls let’s see you splash this cash….. <i>🤔</i>

<i>“You can override the system by pressing hard on the accelerator, but the system will reactivate every time the car is started.”</i>

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/news/mandatory-speed-limiters-on-uk-cars-from-2022

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I get a bit tired of having to turn off lane thingy, stop start widget, etc , pressing ok a few times just to start these modern cars up, I dont think I want another one costing the earth pi$$ing me off with a gong when you hit the relevant speed limit and having warning lights come on and the car actually stop accelerating. I think I give up with the lot of it now, Greta has won, shes made enjoying car ownership so hard now, this speed limiter rubbish will stop people buying new engined cars and resign themselves to a life being dull and controlled by the state in EV’s. I dont think the GTD is the right car right now in this country, in the USA it will be fine. look at the resentment and jealousy there is towards supercar owners here now. I saw a mclaren being walked on and having its roof jumped on by one of the great entitled post millennial lazy work shy mob . it goes on all the time in London and cities now. I wont even order a new mk2 GR now it has speed limit nanny state stuff.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Mike take it to a performance tuner /garage, they plug it into laptop and turn it off forever…

sorted geezer, innit! 😎

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

coincidence, just received email from Ford on the GTD about its “multimatic DSSV Dynamic suspension spool valve”  technology, sounds like more stuff to go wrong, and track mode drops the whole car 40mm. Out of warranty it could be a right mare, the Focus was bad enough !! I just do not know !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to NEW FORD MUSTANG® GTD; The one to own.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!