New Mk2 owner

Home Forums General Newbie New Mk2 owner

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

2aRSes
    Participant

UK - England

Howdy

new to mk3 ownership. I have had a mk2 for about 3 years now. Needed to downgrade out of some heavy priced cars for personal reasons and chose the mk3 as a daily.

Then quickly realised I don’t want to put many miles on it so bought a transit custom crew cab. Best of both worlds.

Looking for modification advice and support.

2aRSes
    Participant

UK - England

2aRSes
    Participant

UK - England

the new new daily

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@2aRSes

Welcome to the Mk3 forum mate!! Liking the 2aRSes name, lol!! And you certainly have a lovely pair of aRSes in your drive!! Gotta love a white Mk2!! How you liking the Mk3?? What Mods you got on the Mk2 and what were you thinking about for the Mk3??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Welcome to the club mate ??

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome ?

Honorary Member

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

Hello!

2aRSes
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome. I haven’t actually driven the mk3 yet. Away with work don’t get home till the new year. It’s a mountune 375 car with eibach blue springs and spacers. With a milltek exhaust. Not sure how far back the exhaust goes as yet. I need to it on a lift. I think one mod I will need to do is the seat frame lowering for the shell seats  my dad has driven it and said it’s a weird seating position.

I am also in talks with ford about the head gasket recall. Nervous about the modifications already fitted.

The mk2 is pretty standard apart from wheels black and and a cat back milltek. Only done 25k so trying to keep it low and original.

Thanks again for the warm welcome

2aRSes
    Participant

UK - England

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Ford did say regardless of the car being in warranty or not, if salavaged and any modification the head gasket would be changed at their cost.

As it’s nothing to do with any modifications, just a mistake/negligence on their part.

You just need to find the article / statement for proof.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ford-focus-rs-engine-problem-free-repairs-offered-prevent-white-smoke

https://www.evo.co.uk/ford/focus-rs/20669/ford-focus-rs-engine-problems-owners-promised-free-repairs

https://ford.oemdtc.com/3407/17b32-cylinder-head-gasket-replacement-2016-2017-ford-focus-rs

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

2aRSes
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks mate. I will see how it goes. Do you think they will install forged rods and pistons whilst they are at it.? 🙂

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@RichardF

I cant see why not if their a Mountune dealer / Pro dealer and you buy from them, but pistons are out of stock (surprise surprise) only rods available.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@2aRSes

You might struggle there mate, I asked them to install a Norris Designs Deck Brace when mine got the Head Gasket Recall done, I know it’s not a Ford/Mountune part but they said NO!! I even said that I don’t care about the warranty on their work, but still a NO!! Interested in how you get on, keep us posted!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

2aRSes
    Participant

UK - England

Just seen the title. Mk3 not mk2. Mk2 is soo yesterday news. Still love it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Mk2 owner. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!