Petrol / Jerry cans

Home Forums Performance Fuel Petrol / Jerry cans

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Anyone got recommendations on one as if never bought one.

I think I’ll get 1 or 2 for my drive to Leicester.  Fill them up with momentum. Saves me getting off the motorway and finding a petrol station and should save me money. Last time I made it to Knutsford with a few miles in the tank.  Wonder if a 20 litre will get me from roughly Manchester to Leicester.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

spending around £40 on two jerry cans will not save you dough Lucky !! just stop when you need to at a petrol station and fill up, relishing in the  deep satisfaction that you can brim it, pay , and be off in under ten minutes unlike poor EV owners who have to hang around pretending they are enjoying the ‘break’ having to do an hour charge up gives them !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

It’s using the 95/97 petrol I’m trying to avoid. It’s for the long run anyway as I am visiting my sister.

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

I went plastic years ago.
    cheap no problems

no rust.
    safe if it’s suitable for drinking water

I use 2 x 25l but only fill to 15 each.
    and a jug funnel for transfer.

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

For traversing a desert, I fully understand having fuel cans, but Leicester to Manchester is hardly devoid of tesco ( other high octane suppliers available) filling stations.

I’d rather find a station to fill up, rather than lug around a can / stop in a lay by to fill up.

Everyone to their own.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@1234enough

I live in Ayrshire Scotland.. My arse is sore enough driving for a few hours.. Less time on the road the better. Would rather avoid a detour.  It’s 7 and a half drive depending on traffic with one stop for a piss.

Your map of stations is the other side of  my journey. I’m down the m6

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@kr1s

Plastic probably the better option, cheers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Petrol / Jerry cans. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!