Revs dropping

Home Forums Performance General Revs dropping

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Has anyone ever experienced this? Happened twice on start up now. Keeps doing it until I give it some light revs then it settles.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Could be spark plug issue , may need changing I’m no expert but sure someone will steer you in right direction.πŸ‘πŸ‘

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Got spark plugs fitted last November. Iridium 1 step colder one. The ones I always use.

Wouldn’t it lack in power if it was a spark plug?

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Oh ok , low transmission fluids , worn out clutch pads , or could be as simple as dirty air filter ,I hope it’s not the later as many fords you have to get under the glove box and fiddle about trying to get it out from behind central console , But if it’s the later small price to pay just a bit fiddly. πŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ‘πŸ‘

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Sorry for confusion I meant air filter , & I’m sure you know how to check and change that , I was referring to cabin filter nothing to do with your initial problem, Sorry Lucky-. πŸ‘πŸ‘

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I had to fit a new air filter last year too since Arnold Clark changed my mountune one to a normal one. New clutch kit fitted when the engine got rebuilt last October / November.

Hopefully get it booked in to check soon. I fear it is going to happen all the time since its happened 3 times in one day.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Lucky_, Β change the fuel filter. If it not holding the revs but not really effecting the performance it could well be the answer.

Honorary Member

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by bobcat.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

You scanned for any stored fault codes?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Don’t have a fault code reader. Might pop to Halfords since I get basic work done there and see if they can scan for codes or even replace the fuel filter as it’s not a big job. Unless the mountune handset can read faults? Never really used it.

I have said to myself to only get work done at AG Motorsport now but just a major hassle leaving my car there.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Plugged the mountune headset in and shows code

P2195

O2 sensor signal biased/stuck lean. (bank1 sensor 1)

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

you sure all your intake hoses are tight, no air leaks ?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Had a look , doesn’t sound like air is leaking out either. If there weren’t tight though would it not be constantly dropping?

Went my usual 12 mile round trip for petrol and did it on start up.Β  Then did it again when I parked up after getting back.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Could just be a faulty sensor?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hopefully, will look to see if Halfords can maybe check it out if not will need to go to AG.

Is this OK to still drive about?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Took it to AG this morning. It happened on start up again but never happened at all when the car was there πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ.

The other day it was doing it while I was driving so cruising at 30 and the car felt like it was stalling every 3/4 seconds.Β  Could feel the car almost stopping and starting again.

Really want to avoid taking it to Arnold Clark Ford.

Tried searching online and it could be a number if things but a lot are replacing certain sensors as they’re normally the cheaper option to try first. So might go that route.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Revs dropping. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!